Monday, April 4, 2022

Day 3515: Bullying a Sunflower.


 

"Bullying a Sunflower" : ink drawing, photos, collage & digital.
 

 



Want music?




Click here: Hall & Oates, She's Gone.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ...

Ever since reading and finishing the book that Carrol (here) sent me ...


I've been thinking about giraffes and hunted up the blog from Day 62, (3,453 days ago! Wow!) in September 2016, and decided it's worth sharing?

 

Ever been kissed by a giraffe? I have.


Meet my boyfriend, Ivan.  
We've only had one date.


Distance. He lives in San Diego,  



I have always admired "tall", 
being short, not by choice.


It was love at first sight!  
You see, I had food!


And when the food was gone,  
I got a nuzzle on my cheek.
He pulled back to full height, paused,
then came back for a second nuzzle.
The guide said she had never seen that happen before, but she might say that to everyone.


We kept eye contact as the 
safari wagon moved away.


Yes, there were many animals to see, 
but my heart stayed with Ivan.


Some were interested.


And some, not so much.


All beautiful.


It was a photo safari, in a magnificent setting.  I took 127 photos, but as mentioned, I am not too
good at moderation.


2GN2S

 

 

A huge triumph for conservation has been delivered in an adorable, furry little package. An extremely rare Sumatran rhino was born at the Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary in Way Kambas National Park in Indonesia, marking a new hope for the critically endangered animal. Sumatran rhinos are the world's smallest rhino species, and only about 80 remain in pockets of South Asia. The International Rhino Foundation says without breeding programs like one at the Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary, the animal would already be extinct. Instead, their numbers are holding steady, and every time a new one is born, like this baby girl, the species gets one step closer to thriving in the wild once again.


 

 
 
 
A poignant 10-minute video, Katelyn Ohashi, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Asian Fairy Bluebird

 
 
 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 


 

 


 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

The title of your collage is already a masterpiece, Jacki, as is the collage itself (Hope this makes sense. I'm not sure but you might guess what I mean).
The pictures of Ivan are wonderful. This photo safari was a dream, wasn't it?
I also liked each of today's smiles. I hope the person who could change our society will come soon.

john said...

Over the weekend NPR did a segment about the Kiev Zoo. It is worth finding and listening to. I listened to it on KUOW which is our local NPR station.

You did it again. I love to visit your blog each day to see what wonderful creativity you are sharing. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I so appreciate your kind feedback, and love it when you like it.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I will look up the NPR broadcast, thank you for sharing and also for your kind words. They help me more that you know.