Friday, April 8, 2022

Day 3519: Battle.



"Battle": junk mail collage, photos

 

 



Want music?




Click here: Steely Dan, Hey Nineteen.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...


Bridges in Shinagawa, Japan are lighting up for a month to support Ukraine

 


Shinagawa is standing in solidarity with the people of Ukraine by lighting up 13 bridges around the ward every evening until Saturday, April 30. The bridges will be illuminated with blue and yellow lights – the colors of the Ukrainian flag – from sunset to 10pm.

 


 Along with the light-up, the ward has set up a donation box with the Japanese Red Cross Society. 

  


 

 
Update ...


Before leaving the Farmers Market on Tuesday, shown (here), I took a quick hike, then a drive 
to share a tiny bit of this beautiful 160 acre park.








poor photo of lake with paddle boats



terrible photo but I wanted you to see the horses





Just 4 miles from home. So, bye, till next time.


 

 
 
 
A sweet 1-minute video, Don't Worryhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Rainbird

 
 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 



 
 

 
 

 
 
by Pavio Kuchinsky
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

You are such a prolific artist, Jacki. I wish you did not have to create to the Ukrainian theme but am glad you do to show support for the Ukrainians. Each day I spend time reflecting on what you do and the message provided.

elenor said...

The title of your collage is already one important part of your artwork. It's great that there is so much solidarity with the people of Ukraine but the tragedy is it doesn't stop the war. Let's hope for the best.

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

Really fun to view as always. I loved the little boy singing in the video. The first time I saw the artwork with the man trudging along holding his child's hand and carrying his uprooted home I almost cried. Let us hope this terrible war with all it's inhumanity ends soon. Also loved the bridges lighted and of course your park is great. Oh, did I mention that I am so impressed with all the art you have been creating to raise and continue awareness of Ukraine's plight.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I wrestle with wondering of I do too much Ukraine-based work, but it seems to seep into what I work on?

jacki long said...

Thanks,Elenor. I know we are hearing daily of the monstrous results of a greedy man wanting even more power. The difference between the two leaders seem black and white. I have no answers, but I hurt for the people who don't deserve this.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol. Yes, that little boy is so precious. I try to find good, and lighter stuff to balance out the storm of negativity that we see daily. Thank you for your kind encouragement.