Friday, April 22, 2022

Day 3533: Condolences.

 

 

"Condolences": photos & digital collage.





Want music?




Click here: O'Jays, Used To Be My Girl.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

A round of applause for ...

 


 Omar Hegazy, an Egyptian swimmer who just broke two (!!!) Guinness World Records seven years after losing his leg in a car accident. The 31-year-old broke the record for "longest distance swam underwater with one breath" and "longest distance swam underwater with one breath with fins." What's equally impressive is how honestly he talks about his feelings after the accident, when he first got into swimming. "I only got into swimming because I was a very angry. I found a way to I let out my anger and frustration, but it was also where I felt really free and capable," he says. Now, Hegazy is a motivational speaker and has achieved several other athletic milestones, like swimming across the Gulf of Aqaba in 2017 and completing a 700 km cycling challenge. 

“Nothing beats the journey,” wrote Hegazy in an Instagram post celebrating his records. He added he “enjoyed the friendships and the unconditional love I saw in the eyes of my friends, family and coaches.” 

 You can see videos and more on his Instagram account: gwrarabia

 

 
Update ...

I am at the house on the hill ...
 

with the two grand-dogs until Sunday.
 
Laker

Zoey

Dog time is a much more relaxed time. I am choosing to go on their time schedule, and it seems that I get more time for my money? I took a nap on the couch this morning as I hadn't slept well last night. Occasionally I could tell they came to check on me, but didn't wake me. When I woke I went outside and sat on the patio couch, put my feet on the table and pretty soon I had a dog on each side. Perfect. It's funny I don't have as much noise on here as I do at home, a tv, radio or music. There just something about the quiet that seems better than all of those. There are birds chirping, seems like melodic conversations in code. Sometimes an airplane is high overhead on it's way to John Wayne Airport, and we can hear cars when they pass down the hill, but overall the delicious notes of quiet. There is always a lovely breeze. 
 

Both dogs enjoy laying in the sun until they get baked and move to the shade to cool off, a constant in their day. Wow, that's a lot about doing nothing?


 

 
 
 
A beautiful 3-minute video, the Wavehere.


 
Just because ...
 
Green finch

 
  
 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 
 


 

 
 


 
 
 
    

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

2 comments:

john said...

Definitely condolences. I love this composition. :-)

elenor said...

I'm sure you enjoy staying in the house on the hill and I'm sure you will miss it. So many precious memories are there. But you will also be curious what the new home of your daughter will be like and you will love it. Time goes on ...
Happy weekend, Jacki!