Friday, April 15, 2022

Day 3526: Resistance.

 

 

"Resistance": watercolor, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here: Al Jareau, Moonlighting.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...


Ultra-impressive

 

Earlier this year, 19-year-old Zach Bates became the youngest person to ever complete the Coldwater Rumble 100 mile Ultramarathon in Arizona. Running 100 miles is an extraordinary feat, and Bates is using his success as an ultramarathon runner to inspire others with autism. 


People with autism can often feel limited or stressed by certain social situations or expectations, but for Bates, the hyperfocus that often accompanies the condition helped him turn a lofty racing goal into a reality. He decided to run the ultramarathon a mere eight months before the race, and though he had run cross-country in high school, neither he nor his parents really knew how to approach such a massive task. 

They dove in headfirst anyway. Together, they organized training plans and sought out experts, and Bates put it all together. Bates' mom says she isn't surprised at all that her son came up with a goal and then immediately smashed it. 

"If we listen to our children and allow them to do what they want to do and be a support to them, you'll be so surprised at where they'll end up," she says. 

 


 Bravo!

 

 
Update ...

A lunch date with Grandhunk #3 today after my day class training. We met at 2pm at ...


Zack's has only two days off and I am thrilled to be with him on one of them. He reminded me, by asking what my blog would be? I hadn't taken and photos?
 

I wanted to pay for lunch, but he wouldn't let me. He said. "it doesn't work that way. You have paid for so much for me my whole life and I want to catch up."

This was our food. I forgot to get a before picture. Next time. But, an artful shot don't you think? Can you tell Zack has worked in the food industry?

 

And, there is the water issue, he said I need to rink more water and he is right. I still had a half glass, he gave me a look and I said "I have to drink it all before we go?" He nodded.


I complied. It was 3:30 after a delicious, leisurely lunch. They never rush you at N&K, Carole and I were once there for 4 hours talking.

 

Then this great guy walked his grandma to her car. What a guy! What a treat! Thanks GH#3!
 

 

 
 
 
A fun 3+minute video, color matchinghere.


 
Just because ...
 
Black-chinned Hummingbird

 
 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 


 

 
 

 


 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

 

6 comments:

john said...

This piece emotes so much emotion. The pain in the eyes just jumps at the viewer. Powerful!

Amelia Medina Davies said...

I’m always touched by your grandsons’ show of love and affection for their grandma. Priceless!

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I just start with no plan and it happens?

jacki long said...

Thank you Amanda! Yes, they are my heart, since I was there as each was guy was born ans was a helper in every week with babysitting and later going to practices and games. With three they often needed and extra car, so there's a great connection that was hard at times, but so worth it now.

elenor said...

Love to see all your artful photos from your date with Grandhunk #3. Your grandsons are so kind, they give you back what they got and learned from you. That's love.
Happy Easter, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! Yes, I am very blessed and appreciative. Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter!