Sunday, March 28, 2021

Day 3158: I am a little grumpy without ...


 

"Number game": photograph, collage, digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Yo-Yo Ma, Over the Rainbow.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update

 I have just realized, I am a little grumpy without a book at hand. I finished my last book over a week ago and didn't have a book picked to follow. For over a week. For me a book is a gift there when you need it. To fill a few minutes or more when you need to take a break, get away or to read at the end of a day. When Valerie and I spoke she mentioned that she had just finished a good one, and being the kind heart that she is, she drove over with it, and we visited, still at a distance and with masks. She brought me ...

 


A New York Times Bestseller, a USA Today Bestseller, a Los Angeles Times Bestseller, and a  PBS Book Pick. The bestselling historical fiction from Kim Michele Richardson, this is a novel following Cussy Mary, a packhorse librarian and her quest to bring books to the Appalachian community she loves.

I started in right away with Valerie's warning to hang in through the first few chapters. No warning needed, I liked it right away and though I am only on chapter 9 now, I am a fan. Note to self, have the next book ready.


 

 
 


•  An interesting 2+minute video, Maple leafs, here.
•  An amazing 3-minute video, prodigy pianist, here.
•  A sweet 2-1/4 minute video, baby sings, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Blyth's Hawk-Eagle


  
                         

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 






 


 


 


 




 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

Just lovely. For some reason I was thinking Chinatown when I looked at your piece. I don’t think that should have been my first thought but it was. Probably I should have thought about the blue flowers. As I examined more closely I saw calligraphy. Ah ha! It could just be a building in Chinatown. :-)

elenor said...

Just five minutes ago I was going through this procedure of proving not to be a robot. And I found it annoying - as seen in this little comic pic (please tell how these little drawings are called!). So you had made me smile again. Thanks for that.
Wishing you a good time with your new book.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. yes, I could see the Chinatown reference. I had trouble coming up with a name late last night.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I have been through that proving you are not a robot, so that Made me smile. I call them smiles, but comic or cartoon would also work.