Monday, March 15, 2021

Day 3145: ... but they changed me.

 

 

"Complex": collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for The Temptations, My Girl.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ...

 

I had some comments about yesterday's drawing, which was done quickly with my non-dominant hand, my left.  


I said, "I think we all do free-er work with our non-dominant hand, probably because we don't expect as much? I think it is more fun, too." You know, I was originally left-handed but they changed me in kindergarten, as right-handed was preferred. That shows my age, because they haven't done that in years and years. My daughter, WonderWoman is proudly left-handed. In sports, she pitched left-handed and hit right or left. Progress?


The Prevention and Correction of Left-Handedness in Children, 1936. A fine example of the sinister thinking and shocking ignorance of the day.

 

 

 
 


•  An amazing 1-1/2 minute video, drone bowling alley, here.
•  A  yummy 4 minute video, desserts resurrected, here.
•  A fun 7-minute video, Amy Sedaris apartment, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Hairy-crested Antbird



  
                         

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

 




                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

3 comments:

elenor said...

Your collage is so excellent again. Love your color choice and the black wash over it - don't know if you know what I mean but I can't express it properly.
I'm also glad that these sinister times of tormenting children so badly are history. Although there is still much to do some things really changed for the better.
Thanks for another interesting and entertaining blog.

jacki long said...

Thanks again, Elenor. Please know that you express yourself beautifully.
I had lunch with Erin today, so am still feeling elevated. Tomorrow is her 48th birthday. Maybe I will do a blog about that?

john said...

You are right. This piece is complex. You have to adjust your eyes to see the face. Yup, it is there. I love the light going into the darkness. :-)