Friday, March 5, 2021

Day 3135: Emotions.

 

 

  

"Emotions": junk mail collage.


 



Want music?




Click here for  Snarky Puppy, Becca Stevens, I Asked.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

 

An adult day, funeral service for friend of 45 years, Mark Martinez. 

I was asked to be one of the speakers, and I am embarrassed to admit I blubbered my way through it. Good part is, I did get through it. The service was live streamed. It was nice see so many able to attend. I took photos of just a few of the many.

Kali
Alma, Patrick and Kali
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Carole Suzuki, Michelle and Kevin Suzuki
Yuriko and Fumiko Martinez

Mark Herrer, Ted Bleiweis
 
Lee Martinez, Kevin Suzuki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pat Sanchez

Tina Maxwell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





Losing Mark Martinez leaves us with unbearable sadness, but with tremendous gratitude to have had this remarkable man in our lives.

 

 

 
 


•  A interesting 6-3/4 minute video, Persian rugs, here.
•  A  7-1/2 minute video,  Silk marbling, here.
•  A lovely 3-1/2 minute video, Yo-Yo Ma, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
HawaiianStilt
 
 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 
 


























                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


8 comments:

elenor said...

The challenge is to learn to live without the loved person although you never will stop missing him/her. I always remember the quote by Rose Kennedy:

„It has been said, time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.“

john said...

How amazing you are finding beauty in junk mail. It is one of your fortes :-)

Carol said...

Wow Elenor! That is so well put. I had never heard that by Rose Kennedy. So true. I am impressed that you live in Austria and were able to quote Rose Kennedy. So very cool.
That must have been very hard to speak at Mark's memorial Jacki. You are a brave woman and his family must have been so grateful. Please keep looking up as it can help your through the amount of grief you have had to deal with lately. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way.
Boy is John right! Another cool, reflective piece.

Jane I said...

Rose Kennedy's quote echo's my feelings about the loss of loved ones. I have
her words where I see them often, as they are so true, and remind not only
of my losses, but that loss happens to everyone; it's part of life. Having
loss means that you've had love, and been loved.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, Rose Kennedy's quote is so meaningful. I have it saved. Thanks again.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, junk mail is one of my very favorite things.

jacki long said...

Thank you AZ Carol, as an only child, I learned early to "suck it up" as they say. I so love how you and Elenor visit, it warms my heart.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Jane. Your words are a perfect complement to Rose Kennedy's, thank you. All a part of the progression of life. Thanks again.