Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Day 3133: Magical Ice Bubbles?

 

 

 

"Sadie": inkbrush drawing, acrylics, and digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Take Six, A Quiet Place.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

 2GN2S

 

Magical Ice Bubbles on Surface of Lake Nukabira in Hokkaido

 


Lake Nukabira, located in central Hokkaido, has become a fantastical canvas for one of nature’s most artistic phenomenons. Gas and other substances at the bottom of the lake freeze as they rise to the surface, becoming trapped in multiple layers and creating a multi-dimensional installation of “ice bubbles.”


The region itself gets heavy snowfall so the ice bubbles typically remain hidden to everyone. But this year the phenomenon has shown itself and photographers have been flocking to the lake to capture the rare sight.

 



 




 

 
 


•  A great 1-minute video,  Wheels, here.
•  A  7-minute video,  Tomatomania, here.
•  A interesting  1-1/2 minute video, tiny doors, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Red-crested Turaco



  
                         

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 
 

 



 


 





 

 



 





 

Syeda Abida Bukhari





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


6 comments:

john said...

Sadie....I put my hand up to the left of her nose and looked. Then I did the same to the right of her nose. It is like two different people but when you look directly without a hand she is Sadie again. I liked having this experience with her. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. She is an exaggeration.
I have been drawn to distortion.

elenor said...

I only had known Take Five, which I really love, so I was curious what Take Six was. What should I say? I loved it too.
But I also loved sad Sadie, the story and pictures of the Magical Ice Bubbles, the Read-crested Turaco and your Smiles for Wednesday.
You made my evening, dear Jacki. Thanks!

jacki long said...

Oh, thank you so much, Elenor. I am so glad you liked it, that fuels me for tomorrow's blog. I wanted to tell you that my dear friend Carrol mentioned to me that "Elenor writes so beautifully".

Carol said...

Really like Sadie! Loved the baby animals w/ their mommas, the story about the hermit on your grandparents farm was so interesting. The pictures were great and helped paint a picture of him in our minds. I continue to be inspired, laugh, feel warmth in my heart, cry and appreciate all your hard work Jacki! Thank you!
Elenor you have great English and I agree that you write beautifully. I wish we could all meet for an art day once COVID is not front and center. I would host it in Prescott. We could all bring something to create with and have an art day for anyone interested. We just HAVE to get Elenor here for it Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank You, Az CArol, I am behind in responding, but want to thank you for your kind words. Yes, a get-together would be great! Take care, Carol.