Friday, March 19, 2021

Day 3149: Shine the hair!


 

"Jillian": ink brush drawing, collage, and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Billie Eilish, Everything I Wanted.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

Do you know Singer Billie Eilish ...

19-year-old Grammy winner seen here in 2020 and in the past few years, is no longer sporting her green hair.


Thus reminded me of another story. The star of the story is a former student, but still like family. He is 40 now, with an amazing wife and two beautiful girls. But, back when he was about 13, his Mom came to see me after Karate class. She said, 'Brandon
wants to color his hair!" Beautiful black, shiny hair. I thought and then asked, "how are his grades?" She said, "Great, he's an honor student". I asked, "how are his friends?" Jean said, "great, we love his friends". So, I said, "shine the hair! It's only hair and it will grow back, no biggie!" And so it came to be, Brandon showed up with green hair, then purple, a weird ponytail on top of his head. Even red tips on the black hair. And the kicker is, his Mom, Jean, colored it for him. Now, as great husband and Dad, he is back to shiny black with maybe just a couple of greys. But he has his great memories how he felt with colorful hair. Same great guy, no biggie.


 

 

 
 


•  A cute 3-minute video, A shorter letter, here.
•  A sweet 4-1/2 minute video, Hamsa, here.
•  A dramatic 5-minute video, Substance, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Orange Breasted Sunbird


 

  
                         

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 


 



 



 





 



 



 



 

 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


9 comments:

Branmuffin said...

Quite a bit of greys these days...

I also miss my piercings, hahaha!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Brandon, you are always so kind to help me.

elenor said...

Reading your blog is one of my highlights every day. I don't take it for granted as I know how challenging is it to come up with such great art, lovely stories, beautiful pictures and funny smiles every day. I guess you are thinking about all this quite some time around all the time.
I hope you are already feeling better after the second shot you got yesterday.
Have a fine weekend.

john said...

Jillian is so happy. You just want to be in her presence. :-). Well done.

Jane I said...

I loved your collage girl, bird, boy with green hair and all. Also
cat hat girl fits in well with her wall sisters. Thanks for all.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I do collect things during the day, but usually have no clue what the art or update will be. I think I have 2 angels that helo me. I was proud of myself for no reaction the day of the vaccine shot, however, last night I looked and it was so swollen and felt like a bruise. It is still tender, but no problem. Have a wonderful weekend!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, another late-night venture.Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Jane, it makes me happy when you enjoy the blog, so thank you!

Irene Rafael said...

Cute story about Brandon. I have heard you talk about him often. You have so many wonderful people in your life. They are lucky. Love Jillian!