Sunday, March 14, 2021

Day 3144: So I watch.

 

 

"June": non-dominant hand ball point pen drawing, marker, collage.

 

Step by step: A quick non-dominant hand sketch of a lady on television, adding marker, and collage. 


1.

 

2.

 

3.

 

4.

 



Want music?




Click here for  Babyface, Whip Appeal.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
2GN2S
 
Did you see this old 1-minute commercial for Suburu? Here.
 
love it! You see, I identify.
I am a little bit like "Butch"!

Butch

I am a watcher.
Careful who I trust with my dog-like loyalty.
A little gun-shy from past hurts and such ... 
so I watch.
However, once you've got my trust ...
you have a fan for life.


 

 
 


•  A mesmerizing 16-minute video, bamboo home, here.
•  An amazing 6-minute video, dome house , here.
•  A sweet 3-3/4 minute video, wild horses, here.


  
Just because ...
 
Golden-hooded Tanager
 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 
 
 

 



 

 

 
 




 
 

 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

6 comments:

john said...

Isn’t sketching fun? It is such a rewarding time suck. To answer your question from my blog. Yes, I cut out the final portrait after finishing it in PhotoShop and then use it to collage in another piece like a postcard. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Enjoyed the ad. Those old days were fun. Hateful daylight savings time! Ugh!

Guess I'll go get a puppy kiss.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, sketching is the best and for me, the non-dominant is often better?

jacki long said...

Carrol, Yes, I think of you getting all the puppy hugs and kisses. Precious times. Poodles are so smart, Bentley will be trained in no time. Have fun!

elenor said...

Love how you can draw with your non-dominant hand. I'm not sure lots, really lots of practice would let draw anything nearly that good with my dominant hand. But that's the difference. You are a true artist.
And of course I love to see all the steps. Thanks, Jacki.
I'm looking forward to next Sunday when my clock on the oven will be right again. I didn't change it. From one year to the next I forget how to set it right - maybe that's because we are already a bit older and didn't grow up with this technical stuff?

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Elenor. I think we all do free-er work with our non-dominant hand, probably because we don't expect as much? I think it is more fun, too. You know, I was originally left-handed but they changed me in kindergarten, as right-handed was preferred. That shows my age, because they haven't done that in years and years. My daughter, WonderWoman is left-handed. In sports, she pitched left-handed and hit right or left.