Monday, March 8, 2021

Day 3138: Some random facts?

 

 

"Mia": gesso, pencil and paper collage on banana paper.
 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Chaka Khan, Like Sugar.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

2GN2Sx2

 

 


&
 

These are called Witches Stairs. Allegedly, witches can't climb up them. You will occasionally find them in very, very old New England homes. 
 

 

 
 


•  An amazing 2-1/2miute video, animal sounds , here.
•  A  great 4-minute video, Hadidance, here.
•  A 4-minute video, Ember, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
black-capped chickadee

 
  
                         

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 


 


 

 

 
 


 


 


 
 

 
 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

10 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for your Funnies, Jacki! They are always a reminder to take life a little more lightly.

Carol said...

Mia is truly a work of art! The texture created by the banana paper is really neat. The yellow/gold shirt is so cool! Great face! The "smiles" were so much fun! What a great idea to put kid's faces on the umbrellas. Too cute! You asked about my weather. It has been beautiful! Cool nights in the 20s/30s and days warming up to the late 50s/60s. When the sun is shining, 40 can feel really nice and a jacket can be taken off on a hike. We are at a mile high so we get snow some winters. We have 4 seasons except we have been extremely dry, like CA. We are supposed to get rain Wed., Thurs. & Fri. I sure hope we do. Enjoy your wonderful weather Jackie.

Branmuffin said...

Those witches stairs are rad! I wish every 2+ story house had those!

jacki long said...

Oh thanks so much, Julie. When I am hunting them I am hoping that they will lighten someone's day. Hope you are well and safe.

jacki long said...

Thanks, AZ Carol! I am glad you like Mia, she is one of the series that I liked. Today is cloudy and 60, with a small chance of rain. I love the rain, we just don't get enough. I started on tomorrow's blog yesterday, I think it will be funny?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Branmuffin! I can see you on those stairs! Do you have a birthday tomorrow?

elenor said...

So many delightful stories and pictures make it difficult to tell which one I like most. Thanks, Jacki!
Adding to what was already mentioned I want to add the 7 Rules of Life. They seem so simple and easy to follow for everybody. Could you imaging everybody really following them would make us live in paradise. As this isn't happening we need to create our own safe and happy place. And this blog is part of it.

john said...

Now I am going to have to look up banana paper. I love learning new things. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, Yes, some of the smiles have a lot of truth. I started adding the videos and 10 smiles to hopefully lighten the load that the year has put on us. If it helps, it is worth it.

jacki long said...

Thanks,John. Yes, I love the banana paper. It was in a scrapbook that a friend gave me, I believe the book came from Indonesia?