Saturday, March 6, 2021

Day 3136: Strange in the time of Covid?

 

 

"Travel dreams": photography and digital.

 

 


Want music?




Click here for The Beatles, I Want to Hold Your Hand.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse.
 
 

 

2GN2S

 On this day in 1964, the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show for the first time, as teenage girls screamed hysterically in the audience and 73 million people watched from home — a record for American television at the time. Their appearance on the show is the beginning of the "British Invasion" of music in the United States.


They sang "All My Loving," "Till There Was You," "She Loves You," "I Saw Her Standing There," and finally "I Want to Hold Your Hand" (listen above), which just hit No.1 on the charts.

Do you remember?

 

 

 
Update
 
 
 Today was the first of three pre-surgery appointments, before my total reverse replacement surgery on my poor right shoulder. Finally. 
I got there early, and was told to wait by the piano?
 
 
Does your waiting room have a grand piano?   

 
Whenever I have to wait, I get out the camera. I thought about playing chop sticks, but that might be against Covid protocal?
 

Looking down from the balcony. Guards monitor entry.
 

Above the lobby, the sculpture with mountains in the distance. 
 
A little Covid information gleaned from today's visit. 
Nurse Maria took all my information, bp, pulse etc.
Also did the EKG, she was very nice. Then I went to an empty examination room, where I talked to Dr. Ambe over a speaker phone. He let me know I would be answering questions over 
the phone, then he would come in and listen to my lungs, heart and check my circulation. There was no conversation, but I did get a thumbs up. Then he returned to his room and phone to finish up. I could ask any medical questions, but surgery questions had to wait for my appointment with the surgical team on March 29. That was it, kinda strange in the time of Covid?
This may be TMI, but I thought it might interest you?
 
 
 
 

 


•  A weird 2-1/2 minute video, Boomwhackers, here.
•  A  funny 45-second video, Fun Parrot, here.
•  A cute 3-minute video, a Cockatoo, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Sedge Wren
 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

















 





 








                                                     Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

9 comments:

john said...

Very rich looking. Kind like royal. :-)

elenor said...

How wonderful that all preparations for your surgery have started and you finally will get all the relief you have been waiting for a long time. So, not TMI, Jacki.
John always finds the best words to appreciate your art of the day. Thanks, John! I only can say, I agree with you.
Jacki, I don't remember that show in 1964 but the Beatles were my favorite pop group. They simply were the best.
Carol, can you imagine I loved John F. Kennedy? He was a hero and hope for me in the time of the cold war, which I found very terrifying. When he was assassinated I really cried and was desperate. I was 10 then. I didn't know anything about his mother Rose, but the name Kennedy has been familiar to me for a very long time. I think you need to be already a bit older to understand her quote.
Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, it was time for purple?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I think John Kennedy was a hero to many of us, and I too cried at the assassination. I remember every detail of hearing while going to a Friday night basketball game, where my girl's drill team was performing. Everyone was in shock and not in the mood for a game, but they all got through it. Have a great weekend, dear friend.

Branmuffin said...

Getting close, Jacki! Excited for your shoulder to be like new!

Carol said...

Beautiful new art piece! Enjoyed seeing your first trip on your journey to shoulder replacement! Your appt. sounded like something from a sitcom! A grand piano?? WILD! I wish you had been able to play chopsticks on it. That would have made everyone in the office SMILE! I too saw the Ed Sullivan show! I loved the Beatles!

Elenor, I was in 1st grade at a Catholic school when JFK was assasinated. I was on recess and the principal told us all to stop and listen. They told us the President had been shot and we all started crying. The nuns and lay teachers were all crying too.
It was such a sad day, forever etched in my mind. Elenor what an incredible story you have shared! My parents were devastated. My dad was Irish-Catholic and thought JFK was the best. I never thought someone from another country could be as heartbroken as we were. At 10 you were old enough to understand the ramifications of the cold war. I can understand how terrifying that must have been. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Branmuffin! I am eager to have the surgery, the recovery part, not so much. I will repeat the surgery on the left shoulder as soon as possible. 2021 is going to be R&R, a replace & recover year.

jacki long said...

Thanks, AZ Carol, Yes it was a bizarre morning. I thought back on it all day. I guess That's why I shared it in the blog. My cousin who is a doctor, his wife Michelle wrote to me, that he talked to his patients in their care in the parking lot, then examined them in person when they came in, also no talking. She said they didn't even use the waiting room anymore!

Irene Rafael said...

I’m glad to know you have your long awaited appointment. You will be WW #1. Strange doctor visit. Not TMI. Travel Dreams has a mesmerizing affect. As you can see, I figured out how I can post a comment, at least for now.