Thursday, March 4, 2021

Day 3134: A favorite story.

 

 

 

"Poppy": photography, collage and digital.


 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Snarky Puppy, Jacob Collier, Don't You Know.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Storytime

 

A favorite story that still makes me laugh ...
When WonderWoman was a teenager & had a car,
she saved up to get a personalized license plate. 




We went to SC Auto Club to see about it.
The man who waited on us was a stern older gentleman.
He looked tired, like he might have had 
teenagers of his own at some time. 
WW had ideas, & he would look them up 
to see if they were available, but each one was taken.
The man was quiet, simmering but patient with us. 
Finally, Erin (aka WW) said how about "Er hed"?
He smiled slightly, and quietly said ...
"that seems appropriate."
I laughed so hard, that he saw it was okay to laugh,
& soon WW joined in to the point that other people in 
the huge office turned to see what had caused the uproar.



Erin & Kerry, 1990


Later at Esperanze H.S. they had a raffle for a parking space.
She won, and they sprayed her license plate, ER HED 
on her space bumper.

Good story?

 

 

 
 


•  A cool 2+minute video, dancing, here.
•  A  fun 8-minute video, home tour, here.
•  A 4-minute video, Queen Mary's doll house, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 


 
 
FB-Throwback Thursday ...
 
 

Demura Sensei's Inter-Dojo Tournament 1981
Anaheim YMCA
 
 
                         

    Smiles for Thursday ...
  No Words Unnecessary
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                        

Thanks Norma, for these photos.!

 

                                                                  Thanks for coming by today.

 

 


6 comments:

elenor said...

Again such a pleasure to visit your blog, Jacki. From start to end, everything is heart warming, interesting, funny, ....
I always like to see your family pictures and read your stories. And then I think back what it was like with my boys at that time. Precious memories ...
Thanks so much for your kind word about my English. I know you don't expect it to be perfect, I only hope never to offend you. Some time ago I commented on a picture and I wanted to express my enthusiasm about the artist's work. So I searched the dictionary for a proper word but this word also had another not so positive meaning I wasn't aware of. The artist was quite furious and felt hurt. Of course I apologized and tried to explain. At least I learned that not every insult might be intentional and some kindliness would help both sides.
Thanks Carol for your kind and encouraging words. I'm so happy to have you and Jacki as dear friends. How fun would it be if we could meet, much laughter and talking and sharing our experiences. Such a lovely idea.
Stay safe both of you.

john said...

Poppy is down right gorgeous. :-)

Carol said...

This poppy is beautiful! The green background with lettering really makes it's color pop! The photographs are WONDERFUL! Such talented artists to capture these pictures! They are heartwarming! The story of your daughter's vanity plate was great! Loved the photo to go with it! There is little to compare to a good sense of humor. There is a lot of it in your story! Thanks for sharing!
I agree Elenor!

jacki long said...

Oh, Elenor, you could never insult. Your mastery of English is amazing. I have to remind myself that it is not your first language. I am humbled by you.

jacki long said...

Thank you, I was thinking that you might have told me you liked poppies? I am told that this is an Oriental Poppy. Please take care and be well.

jacki long said...

Thank you AZ Carol, yes, to me, humor is paramount. I think we can get through almost anything with a good sense of humor. Please take care.