Sunday, March 7, 2021

Day 3137: Balcony.

 

 

"Balcony": collages and digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Celeste, Hear My Voice.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse.
 
 
 

 2GN2S

 When artist Jayashree Krishnan paints yet another portrait of a brave pandemic first responder, she pays special attention to the eyes. "Each person's set of eyes that I have painted so far, they tell their own story,” she says. Krishnan has painted more than 150 such portraits — some of the eyes laughing, others hopeful, others luminous despite seeing such heavy and haunting loss. 

The Seattle-based artist began the project to show appreciation for two cousins who worked 13-hour shifts, seven days a week, at a Michigan hospital. Now, she takes requests and suggestions from social media. All of her portraits have made their way to the hands of their subjects except one: Dr. Anthony Fauci. Krishnan says she hopes it makes its way to him some day.


 

 
 


•  A cute 1-1/2 minute video, irritated bunny, here.
•  A  fabulous 3-minute video, bird songs, here.
•  A touching 3-minute video, Tracy Ellis Ross, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Oxpeckers are also known as Askari wa kifaru, a Swahili word which translates to “rhino guard.”
 


  
                         

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 

 

 


 

 









 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Another terrific art of the day, Jacki.
I also enjoyed the story about Jayashree Krishnan. She is right to honor what these people have been doing for our society. I think it's hard to be able to recognize the feelings of a person in their eyes. You really must look very closely because the masks hides so much. But that makes the artist who sees and can express this in a painting so that we all can understand.
Thank you so much for your kind words, Jacki and Carol. I so appreciate that Jacki makes it possible that we share our experiences and memories. It's not only fun but gives us a much better understanding of each other. There isn't much of a difference, we all wish to live in peace and harmony together with family and friends.
I was so happy to see my older son's family today. To see the kids how merry and happy they are, to hear them laughing - what can be better?

john said...

I do love how your brain works. You come up with the best ideas for your art. Funny that you had some Mona’s today. I had an assignment with Mona in mind this past week. :-)

Carol said...

I found so many cool things in your art today. It was like a page from an "I Spy" book! I loved the bright, bold colors! They were striking against the black!
Elenor you are so right. It is amazing that Jacki's blog enriches us with her many talents and her ability to evoke memories in us that connect us together! Thank you Jacki! I am so glad you got to see your son and his family. Nothing is better than a happy, laughing kid! Yes, nothing better!

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, your kind words help me more than you know. It always amazes me when I sit down to a new blog with no earthly idea, and somehow something surface to help me out.
I am picturing you enjoying being with your son and his fsmsily. Yes, family laughter is a precious thing, so welcome like the birds singing. The best parts of life, maybe?
Please take extra good care, is Spring near?

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! Yes, Mona has been on my mind of late. I am thinking I may do a blog just on Mona? She is such an iconic image that the variations are also fun.
I love your new work and thank you for the locked letter zine. It is so beautiful, I am afraid to try to open it. But, I think it is so beautiful, but I think it is meant to be opened. I will check youtube and try to get up to date! Thanks, Again.

jacki long said...

Thank you AZ Carol, I like the "I Spy Book" reference, thank you. I was wondering what your weather is like? since it varies so much depending on where in AZ you are. My friend, Terry is in Albuquerque and is telling me of the winds.