Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Day 3140: Four stories.

 

 

"Four stories": old school photos, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for  Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole, Unforgettable.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ... possibly TMI.

Last October our association notified residents that repair and replacement of wood fencing, balconies etc. would be taking place starting November 1. So, we were told to move any obstacles at least 4 feet from the fences to enable the workmen to do their job. Even though my yard is tiny, I hired friend, Jesse, since my shoulder has made me worthless. He worked all day and moved everything away. It looked a mess, but was necessary. Then, I assume Covid took it's toll as nothing happened till last week, when I got another notice that work would start. Monday I woke to hammering and noise. Four men were accessing the termite infested parts of my fence.

 

They worked all day, four men, pulling out the targeted sections and posts, adding metal fortification in places.
 

The new sections are white, primed for painting, who knows when? So, I can't move the plants until after painting. I have lived with this war-zone look for five months, so I am a veteran.

 Some days, I just write about what is going on, okay?

 

 

 
 


•  A sweet 6-1/4 minute video, Hey Deer, here.
•  An adorable 6-minute video, Ice Pepper, here.
•  A terrific 5-minute video, Taking Flight, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Mandarin Duck

 
  
                         

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 

 

 

 
 

 
 

 

 

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

Your fencing ordeal is just like the army, hurry up and wait. The children images are cherishable. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, I find so much of my life seems to be about learning patience? The children are students of my Aunt Vonda in Indiana, years ago. She kept a photo of every child.

elenor said...

Please Jacki, don't tell yourself worthless! That simply isn't true. It might be you couldn't move the heavy things but on the other hand who of the workmen do think could make anything like your blog and your artwork? We are lucky we needn't do everything on our own. We are allowed to share the work and do what we can best. What about letting the white painted sections as they are and hide them behind your plants? Not everything needs to look perfect. Don't stress yourself!
Wishing you a nice evening and a good night without any pain.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I am slowly getting used to the fact that I can't do all that I used to. The association has a lot of white paing=t to cover, so I will wait. I don't want to move things twice. It doesn't bother me as much as it may have sounded like. I was trying to keep it humorous. WonderWoman thinks it a mess and shouldn't take so long, but then, she is younger. Thanks so much for your caring.

Branmuffin said...

So...they didn't replace the whole fence, just part of it. Then, they used old wood instead of new? And finally they didn't finish the job yet with paint? #@)*$(^!#)%&!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Branmuffin! Well yes, pretty much. I am trying to be patient.