Thursday, March 18, 2021

Day 3148: she is still celebrating.

 

 

"Tokyo Rose": ink drawing, collage, and digital.

 




Want music?




Click here for  The Commodores, Just To Be Close to You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update

 


Of all the beautiful shot available at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, this little bird seemed the most appealing. Carole and I were on our way to meet Cheryl and WonderWoman at R&D Kitchen, our favorite. It was Tuesday, and WW's birthday. 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

R&D gave her a carrot cake that ended up coming home with me? Just what I needed. But it was sinfully good.

 


Then, Tuesday night with her family for dinner.

   

On Wednesday, she is still celebrating. She has always had a knack to stretch it out.

Wednesday was the second half of my physical and tests, then my second vaccine in the afternoon. The workers are amazing. They must be weary, but they smile and are kind.


 

 

 
 


•  An interesting 11-minute video, Underground stories, here.
•  A lovely 3-1/4 minute video, Yo-Yo Ma, here.
•  A cute 3-minute video, Rose, here.

  
Throwback Thursday ...
 
 

Sean and Demura Sensei, Santa Ana, CA. 1982?
 
 
 

 
Just because ...
 
Gambel's Quail
 


  
                         

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
Awwwww

 



 
 

 
 

 



 

 


 

 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

9 comments:

john said...

Tokyo Rose, what a beautiful name for someone who inflicted so much mental anguish. I may be reading into what your message with this Tokyo Rose is but for me this time is more contemporary and represents the mental anguish of all the negative rhetoric and lies that has come at us over the past five years and is still coming at us by one political party. Isn’t that the way of art. It leaves the interpretation to the viewer.
What a beautiful piece this is! :-)

I a so glad you have gotten your second vaccine. What a relief that is! It was for me anyway.

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, John. T.Rose was a mother late-night endeavor. I didn't start out with the ides of Tokyo Rose, but hersuperciliousexpression seemed to fit? I do like her a lot, but so time consuming.

elenor said...

Of course I love your art of the day, Jacki. I'm always impressed ba your never ending goo ideas.
But even more I loved to see you in a photo looking so happy.
Good to hear you already got your second vaccine and all necessary tests for your surgery done. So your new shoulder is ready for you - you will be relieved.
Thanks Carol for mentioning me so nicely. I'm always looking for your comments.

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, Elenor. A few tests yet to go, plus two telephone app't. to go. I really appreciate your kind words. Be safe.

Julie said...

I'm glad to hear you got your 2nd vaccine, my dad got his on Monday. I'm trying to worry less about it, now... You're looking great! I'm always glad to hear about your family, too!

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki,

Thank you for being you. You always raise the bar higher each day.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Julie. I am really tired today, even though I said I didn't have a reaction to the second shot. they're the same dosage, so it doesn't seem like there should be any difference in our reaction. Thanks again, I love it when you have time to comment.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol Wolf, you are always so kind. Please take good care and have fun with that little Bentley.

Carol said...

Jacki, I hope that fatigue subsides tomorrow. After my second shot, I was exhausted the whole next day with some of the typical side effects as well. Please take it easy and take a night off from the blog. We'll miss it but recovering from your shot is more important. Such fun pictures of you and your daughter. She certainly resembles you. Both pretty ladies! Your art is so aptly titled. Loved your use of the oranges and purple! Kudos to all the health care workers getting us vaccinated and caring for the sick! Thank you for all you have done, are doing and continue to do. Truly, you are all angels from above. The "smiles" for today were a lot of fun! They always make me laugh!
You are getting so close to getting some relief for your shoulder. I am sure glad for you.
Elenor, I too always like reading what you wrote. Sometimes I get busy with grandkids, projects, etc and miss some days but I always like to go back and get caught up on what Jacki has so skillfully crafted for us!