Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Day 3147: Feel Good Stories ...


 

"Peggy": acrylics, ink, digital.

 

 

"Peggy": journal ink sketch + watercolor

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Marilyn McCoo, One Less Bell
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S - Feel Good Stories ... 

So many good people that we might not hear about. 

Protecting 20 other students inside as the gunman fired through the door, hitting him five times. This is Anthony Borges, he used his body to hold a classroom door shut during the Florida shooting.


Firefighters in Arizona putting out a Mexican fire.


When you reach 100 years old in Barbados, you get a stamp in your honor.


A middle school started a "Breakfast with Dad" program, but many Dads couldn't make it, and several didn't have Father-figures. The school posted a Facebook request for 50 volunteer fathers... 600 fathers from all backgrounds showed up.


Every morning, my father puts bird food in the yard for my mother to have this view.


The bride's Dad died ten years ago and his heart was donated. The man who received the transplant walked her down the aisle.

 
 
"Life gave me the gift of you". Marine's 4 year old cries tears of joy after hearing his new Step-mom's vows for him.  



        


This Old Lady goes to the Supermarket often, to read books. So the manager put together a little bench for her.

 

 




 
 


•  A cute 2-minute video, smallest cat, here.
•  A lovely 3-1/2 minute video, Hallelujah, here.
•  A sweet 3-minute video, Bruised, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Hornbill

 

  
                         

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 
 


 
 

 
 
 
 


 


 


 


 

 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


6 comments:

john said...

I love that the shop keeper made a bench for the old woman. Peggy is a gem. She has so much personality and joie de vivre. Well done! :-)

elenor said...

Your Feel Good Stories moved me to tears. There is so much good going on worth focusing on. We really need to appreciate each effort that makes our world a better place.
Although I don't understand each or the smiles, I understood this one which tells me I do have a strong mind. I feel pleased, thanks.
"how you make others feel about themselves says a lot about you" - this means you, Jacki!

Carol said...

Peggy is darling! So full of spunk! Your "Feel Good Stories" also moved me to tears. So heartwarming! What wonderful people there are in this world! You are right Elenor and a very wise woman!
Your smiles made me smile and laugh as always!
Your tribute to your daughter on her birthday was SUPERB! She seems like such a wonderful daughter and I am so happy that someone as nice as you, ended up with a daughter as nice as her. My dad always said, "The apples don't fall too far from the tree". Happy Belated Birthday Erin! AZ CAROL

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Peggy almost drew herself? Sometimes that happens, right?
I so appreciate your kindness.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. You are always so kind and I really do appreciate your comments. Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Az Carol. I am so happy you enjoyed some of the blog, that makes me smile. Yes, I am blessed with a great daughter. She is still celebrating. She has always had a knack to stretch it out.