Thursday, March 25, 2021

Day 3155 : In and out surgery?

 

 

"Madeline": ink, acrylic, collage, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Rupa, April Fishes "Une Americaine a Paris"
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update 

 


I find I am in the year of in and out surgery. I will have my surgery on April 5th and come home the same day. I have been almost patiently waiting for my right full shoulder reverse replacement for over a year. But I needed to have completed my two vaccine shots and wait the necessary two week after.    I am still jumping through all the pre-op hoops of meetings, both telephone and in person.  


E and I were both surprised that I go home after my surgery, and I don't go back for 2 weeks until I get the stitches out. In between the physical therapy nurse will visit me twice. Modern medicine. They say they have done studies and the sooner they can get you out of the hospital, the better. 

 


Some of you know that 4-6 months after this surgery, I will get the left shoulder (which is equally damaged) replaced. So I am pretty much writing off 2021. But watch out 2022.

 



 


•  A beautiful 3-3/4 minute video, Hana wa Saku, here.
•  A charming 5-minute video, Jungle Night, Yo-Yo Ma, here.
•  A cute 3-1/2 minute video, amuse cats, here.

Throwback Thursday ... 

 

When you let them make a face ... 1986

Back: Kristie Koch, Nanette Taylor, Jeff Walker, David Walter,Jim Koch

Front: Brett Tolmie, Brandon Nomura, Josh Taylor, Colin Morris, Brian Center

 

 
 
Just because ...
 
Asian Golden Weaver

 

  
                         

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 












 

 






                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

Madeline is lost in thought. I love how you are able to get so much feeling in your portraits. :-)

Irene Rafael said...

Ditto what John said about your portraits. With seemingly ‘few’ strokes, you have a personality with a story. Amazing that you will be hone the same day as surgery. I bet you’re tired that day😉. Of course I love the tree bunny and YoYo Ma.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, it was another late-night venture. Playing with a bunch of layers is fun and time consuming,

jacki long said...

Thanks, Irene, it is so good to hear from you. Yes, I thought of you when I saw that tree. Hope you are both well and safe and wishing you both a great Easter. Thanks again.

elenor said...

I agree with John and Irene regarding Madeline. Making such great art late night does this mean you can't sleep because your shoulder is hurting?
It's really amazing you can go home the same day after surgery. It always is better to sleep in one's own bed but it would be fine to have someone to look after you.
Jacki, I hope you have a good night with sweet dreams.

jacki long said...

Thank You, Elenor.
I usually do the body of the blog sometime during the day, but I tend to leave the artwork to later. It is not because of shoulder pain as I don't have pain unless I raise my arm even an inch. So I try not to. ;o)