Monday, February 1, 2021

Day 3103: Seeing dots!



"Seeing dots!": ink drawing, collage and acrylic.





Want music?




Click here for  Jon Batiste, I Need You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

Grandhunk #1 had asked me I wanted to hang out today at noon.  I of course said yes, anytime. He helped me with a couple of computer tech problems and then we were off to lunch at ...


Lunch with my handsome 6'6" Grandhunk #1, Jordan, and great food from American Grub, win, win!


Outside dining due to Covid regulations, and I was trying to get a shot of their signage in the background, but you'll have to hunt for it.


A great selection, you can't go wrong from this menu.

Jordan got the huge El Camino Salad.
I got the Pulled Pork Sandwich with a bit of potato salad. Another pretty day in the OC, and we went home, full, happy campers.

 

 

 
 


•  A joyful 3-minute video, Jolene, here.
•  A  fascinating 3-minute video, musical, here.
•  A cute 3-minute video,  first date, here.


Special Feature ...


Good friend, and Austrian artist, Elenor has sent photos from her walk yesterday. as a contrast to yesterday's blog OC's blue skies, and what beautiful shots she has for us to enjoy. 

Elenor said, "Last night it was snowing a tiny bit just enough to cover the ground. But everything looked so different. There were nearly no colors mainly black and white/grey because the sun wasn't shining. The wind as rather chilly, I think you can really see that in my pictures. But nevertheless I enjoyed our today's walk. You might think it‘s quite boring and lonely but it‘s calm and gentle 




It is quite hilly so the view changes often. In the third photo you look far to the north and in the last pics you view the south were  the Alps could be seen when the sun was shining  



photos by Elenor Martin

Thank you Elenor

 

  
Just because ...
 
 
Brandt's Cormorant



  
                         

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
  


  


 

 


 
 

 
 

  
 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

7 comments:

Carol said...

Another inspiring, smile evoking, recharging blog! I take it all in as it is so good for my soul! Thank you Jacki! Elenor, I loved your pictures of your dusting of snow! Beautiful!
I am really happy for you that you have such wonderful, caring grandsons Jacki! My grandkids, 7 of them (9 to 3), enrich my life too. Aren't they one of God's finest gifts?

elenor said...

I can only agree with Carol. Grandkids are the most wonderful gift you can get. It's always such a delight to see one of yours, Jacki. It's touching to see how they care for you. They are giving back a little from the love you gave them.
I'm glad you and Carol liked my pics! Thanks to both of you.
And I'm also with Carol who tells you how great your today's blog is again.
Have a good night, dear Jacki!

john said...

Again you captured me with the hair. So the hair! Love it! :-0

elenor said...

I just read your yesterday's comment, Carol. Thank you for your kind words. Isn't it great to meet with Jacki's help?
Have you ever been to Austria? I hope your grandmother wasn't forced to leave the country only to survive. I'm always so ashamed of our past and what my country did to so many of our best women, men and children at that time. All this is unforgivable. I can only tell you all these people still lack today. We are much poorer without them.
Thank you Jacki for letting me find a new friend.

jacki long said...

Thank you AZ Carol, I have a bevy of beautiful Carol's in my life. I Carrol, a Carole and 2 Carol's so I have dubbed you AZ Carol, is that okay? Thank you again for your kind words that help me so.

jacki long said...

Deat Elenor, yes indeed, I do agree with you both and most of my fellow grandparents, our grandkids, or Grandhunks, as I call my three are the greatest joy for me. Now 23, 21 and 20 year old giants, 6'6, 6'3 and 6'5"
I was there when they arrived and for them to fit timne for me now is priceless.

jacki long said...

Thank you again, John. I do know the way to your heart is the hair, right?