Saturday, February 20, 2021

Day 3122: Another lucky day.

 

 

 

"Rustica": paper collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Jacob Collier, All I Need.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update:

Another lucky day.


WonderWoman had a return to make at Irvine Spectrum and asked if I wanted to go? Sure! So I tagged along. While WW was taking care of her stuff, I tried on sunglasses that cost $450. can you imagine? After, we went to Shabu Shabu, but it was so crowded that we went to

 

and at Zov's we got their last patio table. 



I love Zov's and usually get angel hair pasta. But, there was a lady at a nearby table that had a good -looking cheeseburger. I forgot to take photos till we were done, but that didn't stop me.

WonderWoman got the Chicken Paillard with parmesan herb crusted chicken breast, organic greens, candied walnuts, goat cheese, tomato, red onion, balsamic vinaigrette. I think she liked it!

I could only eat half of my Classic Cheeseburger with angus beef,  cheddar and brie cheese, dijon aioli, signature bun. I don't usually eat fries, but these were good. And, another meal later.

 

And she was off, Thank you WW! I am so blessed.

 

 

 
 


•  A great 10-minute video video, ice skating, here.
•  A  beautiful 11-minute video, Mushroom Season, here.
•  A lvely 3-3/4 minute ovideo, Yo-Yo Ma, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
The Ruff (Calidris pugnax)
 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


 


 


 





 


 


 


                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

8 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, each day I think this is the best collage ever. How do you do that? I so love the limited color palette and your use of letters and text. Another exceptional piece of art.
How wonderful you could spend time with your daughter. Family time always means happiness and luck.
Carol thanks for the good wishes. How do you spend your Sunday? I hope you will have a good time.
Jacki, I wish you another lucky day, maybe with family or friends.
Please stay safe, Carol and Jacki!

Mary McKay Schaffer said...

Indeed, Jacki. You continue to inspire me and elevate thoughts that come naturally to me but aren't necessarily good for me or anyone else. Even two of my best friends admired Rush Limbaugh. But YOU. You keep everything going in the right direction and with a little Japanese perfection thrown in for good measure, you're the blog that keeps on giving. Thank you, Mary

john said...

I love the suggestion of a figure in your latest abstract. You are so creative. Your lunch looked good, too. I think WW does not like tomatoes. Next time I am in your neck of the woods I want to try that cheeseburger. It looked amazing. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki,

The story of the mushroom hunting reminded me of Stan's background. In the Czech Republic, mushrooms are called "hoobies". Stan has some friends who have T shirts that say: Hooby pickers of American. Back in Czecho the workers get up very early in the morning and go search for the mushrooms before they start work. And they start work early. The meatless meal that is usually eaten on Christmas Eve is Hoobovnik and it is basically dried and fresh mushrooms in a farina base. But, of course the story in the video has a bittersweet section because of the terrible way the Japanese Americans were treated during WW11. Thanks for always giving us eye candy, creative beauty, and laughter. What else could a person need?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! This collage was an older one revisited. I had some bad news last night and didn't feel like making art, so I went to my files.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Mary, your very kind words help lift me up. Thank you again.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Zov's is where you and I ate two times I think? But we were on the outdoor patio side, WW and I were in the front patio. Great food, GREAT!!!

jacki long said...

Thanks, CArrol. Yes, I thought that video was o beautiful and I am glad it brought back some good memories for you and Stan. Two others have said it did the same for them. I never know, I just add what I like?