Monday, February 22, 2021

Day 3124: Memories.

 

 

 

"Media Spin": paper collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for  Maroon 5, Memories.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ...

 

A silly little story.

explore.org lets me know when there is something I should see.  Don't you love that part of technology? Tonight they did just that.
"Amazing Aurora over Churchill, Manitoba, Canada".

And it reminded me of one of my trips to Canada, I was lucky to stay with Marian and Cam Steuart, and their two huge German Shepherds. I kept asking about seeing the "northern lights" and some of the Canadians told me if I did, to be sure and whistle so the lights would dance! I slept on the couch and was listening to the news when they mentioned the aurora made good watching that night. It was almost midnight and the house was asleep. I threw on a robe, and took the dogs for a walk. We went out into the adjacent field and the news was right it really was spectacular. Then I remembered and started whistling. I will never forget the look those two dogs gave me! I had before, or since felt so stupid. I love the Canadians.


 

 
 


•  A wonderful 3-minute video, red fox , here.
•  A beautiful 8-1/2 minute video, Nora, the Polar Bear, here.
•  An adorable 7-minute video, The Box, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Glossy Ibis
 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Monday ...
 

 


 



 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 


 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Your collage is again first class - as we say in German. So wonderfully abstract and graphic as I love it.
Watching the northern lights always was a dream of mine that never became reality. And as we don't know if we will be able to travel again it probably will remain a dream. So seeing your wonderful pics and reading your not at all silly little story lets me imagine being there, maybe along with you. Wouldn't that be great?
Your birdies are always amazing! Some of your smiles for Monday made me smile but the last one isn't meant to make me smile because it is so true.
I wish you a good night, falling asleep immediately and dreaming sweet stories. Stay safe, dear Jacki.

john said...

I love how by turning the script upside down it becomes something new. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I hope you will go to explore.org and they will let you know when the aurora are active? If you can't go in person, why not bring them to you? If you follow, they will notify you, every once in a while when something big is happening. You can cancel if you change your mind. Worth a try?
Thanks again, Elenor.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. It is my habit to use text either sideways or upside down, so it is not read, but seen as design?