Thursday, February 25, 2021

Day 3127: Jane's hat and a cat.

 

 

 

"Jane's hat and cat": junk mail & paper collage on 14v14' heavy canvas.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Jacob Collier, Daniel Caesar, Time Alone with You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 


Yesterday's blog features this image, which evidently brought up memories for a lot of people? It is fun to see when an image triggers emotions. One came from former student, Michael, aka Apeman. He gave me permission to share. Thank you, Apeman. (I believe I told the story of how he earned the nickname? If I find it, maybe I'll repost.)


One of my mom’s and mine favorite stories was when I was probably around 9 years old. I can’t remember what I said but it was one of those “help me Jesus” moments when I knew I messed up and the impending slap directed at my mouth was well deserved. In a flash I blocked the incoming slap much to my mom’s (and equally) my own surprise. She took a second swing and it resulted the same way. There I am, wide eyed, knowing full well I deserved to get booped for being rude and not knowing how this would end up. My mom couldn’t hold back any more and started laughing, “This isn’t why I’m paying for karate classes!”
 

Michael Keating, Michael Salmans, Danielle Anderton, 2012

 

 

 
 


•  A 1-minute video, Capybara & guinea pigs, here.
•  A  6-minute video, Guinea pigherd, here.
•  A fascinating 4-minute video, mini-mosaic , here.


 
 
 
Throwback Thursday ...
 
 

 
Sakagami Sensei, Demura Sensei's OCC Tournament, 1982.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
Just because ...
 
 
Greater Sage-grouse

 

  
                         

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 








 


 








 










                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

8 comments:

Carol said...

I really like your finished "Jane's Hat"! Everything about it is perfect. Michael's story is priceless! Thank goodness for his Karate skills! Your daffodil art was so very cool! What a dear daughter you have! WW, truly is WONDERFUL! The daffodils were beautiful and must have made your day so perfect! A snippet of spring in your home! It was sure neat to see you in your designer mask with the gifts from your grandson #3! Your family is THE BEST as I am sure you already know. GREAT PARENTS = GREAT KIDS = GREAT GRANDKIDS! They are a tribute to you! The "smiles" for these days brought me a lot of laughter.
Elenor, you asked what I do on Sundays. Online church and usually a nice, long hike. Then it becomes much like the rest - with COVID - house and yard work with some creative art - needing to finish - project. I agree, it will be nice when life is back to being like before. Full and rich with a lot of time for family and friends.
Thank you Jacki for your rays of sunshine that you share with others. AZ Carol

Carol said...

I almost forgot, CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming shoulder surgery! WOO-HOO! LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

jacki long said...

Thank you AZ Carol, yes I am looking forward to April, I had hoped for March, but we all learn to wait. Thank you for your very kind words about the blog. I am so glad you enjoy it. please take good care.

elenor said...

I can only agree with Carol, who found the best way of telling you how much we appreciate you with your family and your work. My language skills often are much too poor to express what I think. But even in one's mother language it often is difficult to find the right words, isn't it? Nad please excuse my poor English.
Carol thanks for telling about your Sundays. I guess yours and mine aren't very different. It is so good to know I'm not alone with my way of life and my feelings.
Jacki, I'm so glad you got a date for your surgery. That surely makes it a bit easier to bear the pain your shoulder is causing you.
Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

john said...

So whimsical. Takes me to a happy place. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I love your conversations with AZ Carol, fun! Also, I think you express yourself beautifully, honest! Yes, I do look forward to my surgery date. My cousin dies yesterday and that has eclipsed everything for a while. Coping skills are being tested.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Whimsical is fun sometimes. I delivered her to her new owner today, and her reaction was "she is so different".

Jane I said...

Jacki,

Missy Cat Hat has the brightest eyes and the sweetest smile. She looks
the happiest of all her sisters. Of course, I love them all, and it goes
without saying, your wonderful, and persistent creative ability. Jane