Friday, February 19, 2021

Day 3121: A great day!

 

 

"squat": photo, collage and digital collage.

 

 



Want music?


 

Click here for Brothers Cazimero, I'll Remember You. 

then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?

 
 
 


Update ...  

 

I had a wonderful surprise today.

 I knew Kevin was going to stop by for a visit, but I didn't know ...

he was going to bring lunch and my favorites!

He knows what I love, and brought food from Uoko.

Kevin had the vegetable sashimi and a salad. Healthy.

 
I had Katsudon and miso soup. Not as healthy, but so good.
 I have known Kevin since age 6. His family and our family have been close since the kids were all in Karate together. WonderWoman's best friend is Cheryl, Kevin's younger sister, his older sister and brother, Lisa and Greg are like siblings. 
 
 
We two Moms were interchangeable and have been good friends for almost 45 years. I love the entire Suzuki family, and Kevin is like a son to me, and I couldn't love him anymore if he was.
So, a great day! Thank you Kevin, you are so thoughtful.
 
 

 

 
 


•  A terrific 5-minute video, Byblock , here.
•  A  interesting 10-video, Brothers Cazimero History, here.
•  A gorgeous 2-1/2 minute video, Antarctica , here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Polish Ruffled Chicken



  
                         

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 


 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

 
 


 

 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to see Kevin here, with you, and uoko :)
Yes, you are family, for nearly 45 yrs!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Anonymous(?) yes we are definitely family, and I am so lucky.

elenor said...

Your art of the day is simply excellent again. The colors you chose are wonderful, as is everything in this collage.
Having such a dear visitor brightens a whole day and you even have it in your mind all week. That's the best medicine you can get, it's sunshine for the heart, it makes you happy.
Here winter seems to be over. After several really freezing cold days temperatures are significantly higher, all snow melted - be sure I won't pray for more snow to come. I like snow in winter but now I'm looking forward to the beginning of spring. On our today's walk I found the first wild chives of this year. Their smell and flavor are unique. From now on I'll have to bring a paper bag with me for all the little leaves and grasses I use to collect. Most of the time these are part of my special spring soup.
As Carol I also would have loved to be an art teacher but I simply wasn't gifted enough to study art. But I loved to teach math, I loved working with kids.
Wishing you both a beautiful weekend. Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Love rhe collage! The Antarctica video was perfect!

john said...

Love these two color choices together....just like the microphone. :-). Hugs!

Carol said...

Your photo collage is WONDERFUL! Love the colors and texture! What a great day for you to have your family friend, Kevin visit AND bring lunch. What an amazing, young man! As always, I enjoyed everything in your blog! The Polish bird is a hoot! I am thankful spring is headed your way Elenor. How cool you were a math teacher! I too, loved working with kids. They made me smile and laugh every day! A nice weekend for you too Elenor! Same to you Jackie.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am glad your weather is improving and that you are enjoying walks in your beautiful land. I am glad you liked "squat", I had fun making her last night.

jacki long said...

Thank You, Anonymous (#2) even though you sign in anonymously if you gave me a hint I would be able to thank you by name. I am glad you like this collage, I enjoyed making it and I think it shows? Yes, I loved Antarctic too. Thanks again!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I am glad you liked the colors, it's good for us to change up every so often, right. I use orange and reds so much.

jacki long said...

Thank you, AZ Carol, I so appreciate your kind words. Please have a great weekend!!