Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Day 3111: ...but that's another story.


 

 

"Obaasan": old photo, collage and digital.

 



Want music?


 

                Click here for  Ricky Martin,  Livin' La Vida Loco.

then click back on this blog tab here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

12 lifestyle habits to reduce stress:

Try meditating

Find a hobby you enjoy

Schedule daily movement or exercise breaks

Boost intake of stress-reducing foods

Avoid strict dieting

Cut back on caffeine

Improve sleep hygiene

Try yoga

Consider acupuncture

Enjoy nature

Listen to music

Seek support and connection

 


 

A quick Dad story.
 
If you're a Dad fan, you might remember he was a 
driver in the movie studios, Teamster and all that.
You know how guys like to joke and play tricks, right?
Dad told the story of a driver named Ben, who had
been one of the first to buy a VW bug in 1954.


Everyday Ben bragged about his new VW's amazing mileage.
The guys decided to take turns going to Ben's house 
late at night and adding gasoline to his VW's tank.
Of course his mileage increased and he bragged even more. 
I'm not sure how long it went on, but they all enjoyed it.
Dad bought a VW bug in 1956, but that's another story.

 

 

 
 


•  An interesting 5-minute video, rice, here.
•  A  sweet 8-minute video, one small step, here.
•  A cute 3-3/4 minute video, extinguished, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Orange-breasted Sunbird 
 
                         


 
 
Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 
 


 


 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

Just lovely. Your use of cornflower blue, OMG! Spectacular! :-)

Carol said...

Wow! I love your new piece! The blue/red/tree juxtaposed with the old photo is so very cool! The VW story was priceless! Such fun! I always love your beautiful birds. music, videos and daily "SMILES"! More outloud laughter this morning for me. I went to a Catholic elem. school so the nun comment was great! I have always wanted to be Mother Theresa so that "smile" only inspired me more! I am happy for you that you got your 1st shot! Doesn't it evoke a sense of gratitude and peace in you? I get my 2nd at the end of the month and can't wait. Thank goodness I was able to get it as a substitute teacher. I hope you are hanging in there with your shoulder. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for surgery soon.
Elenor, thank you for your kind words about my mom losing her mother. She was blessed to have been raised by a kind, caring, wonderful woman (my amazing grandma). It all ended up well.
Thank you Jacki for keeping us stocked up on smiles and a warm heart! AZ Carol

elenor said...

Jacki you know, our first car was a VW bug we got in 1975. A few days later we went on our first journey to Amsterdam, that was 100 km away - rather far for us. We even made a break to stay overnight in a small hotel. We spent 10 wonderful days in this wonderful city. That was before the times it was terribly overcrowded with masses of tourists. We bought our first ceramics - as we later did on every holiday trip. One of the most impressive things was the Van Gogh museum with many of his great paintings in a most beautiful new building. Oh, I could tell still more ...
Isn't it wonderful how your story brought back such precious memories? Thanks for that, Jacki.
As Carol I too was raised by nuns in a Catholic school for 10 years! Another thing we have in common, Carol. I didn't only smile about this "smile for Tuesday".
I'd say your blog is a full success again.
Jacki, thanks for the funny video you sent.
Already looking forward for tomorrow's blog.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I think I need to change up my palette every once in a while, right?

jacki long said...

Thank you AZ Carol, your kind words lift me up. And, isn't it lovely for you and Elenor to connect?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! It is funny how many of us share similar memories. I eventually bought that same VW from my Dad for $500. when I was in college. I drove it for four years+ then sold it for $500.