Thursday, February 4, 2021

Day 3106: Probably no scientific proof?

 

 

 

Face : 8x8" canvas, graphite & water.

 





Want music?




Click here for  Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald, Heart to Heart.
then click back on this blog tab here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


 Probably no scientific proof, but this makes me feel better?


In the following analysis the French Professor Bruno Dubois Director of the Institute of Memory and Alzheimer's Disease (IMMA) at La Pitié-Salpêtrière - Paris Hospital, addresses the subject in a rather reassuring way:

"If anyone is aware of his memory problems, he does not have Alzheimer's."  1. I forget the names of families. 2. I do not remember where I put some things

It often happens in people 60 years and older that they complain that they lack memory.  "The information is always in the brain, it is the "processor" that is lacking."

This is "Anosognosia" or temporary forgetfulness.

Half of people 60 and older have some symptoms that are due to age rather than disease.The most common cases are:

- forgetting the name of a person,
- going to a room in the house and not remembering why we were going there,
- a blank memory for a movie title or actor, an actress,
- a waste of time searching where we left our glasses or keys ...

After 60 years most people have such a difficulty, which indicates that it is not a disease but rather a characteristic due to the passage of years ...

Many people are concerned about these oversights hence the importance of the following statement:
"Those who are conscious of being forgetful have no serious problem of memory."

"Those who suffer from a memory illness or Alzheimer's, are not aware of what is happening."

Professor Bruno Dubois, Director of IMMA, reassures the majority of people concerned about their oversights:

"The more we complain about memory loss, the less likely we are to suffer from memory sickness."

Now for a little neurological test:  Only use your eyes!
1- Find the C in the table below!


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

2- If you have already found the C, then find the 6 in the table below.

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
69999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

3- Now find the N in the table below.
Attention, it's a little more difficult!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If you pass these three tests without problem: - you can cancel your annual visit to the neurologist. Your brain is in good shape! And, you are far from having any relationship with Alzheimer's.


 

 
 


•  A upbeat 6-minute video, showtime NYC, here.
•  A  ridiculous 3-minute video, Tapdancing , here.
•  A cute 2-minute video, made with love , here.



Update:


This morning I drove 12 miles to the house on the hill.


To keep my granddogs company. And, to enjoy some quiet time with them. They love to sun on the outside couch on the patio. I like it too and being with them.










There is always a breeze and it is so quiet. Maybe a distant car passing or a plane, but just a quiet time. Naps are allowed, even encouraged.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Silver-earred Mesia




 
FB- Throwback Thursday ...
 
 

Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo Team at LAX on the way to Wesy Virginia for the Junior Olympics competition, 1986.
 
 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for stopping by today.

 

 

 

12 comments:

john said...

I am so relieved that I found the 7. Now I can save money on the doctor. :-). Lovely sketch.

Anonymous said...

HI Jacki, always LOVE seeing your blog... its my one daily ritual. Better than taking my vitamins. Esp fun to see Kevin in your throwback thurs pic. Hugs! L

Carrol Wolf said...

Hug coming right back to you, my friend. I really love the art today. The face is so lovely, and I believe I bought some of those water soluble pencils. Keep them coming. (How many hours do we get to find the C, N and whatever the other letter was?)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Any way I can help. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Anonymous! I need more than an initial, so hints are welcomed.
Thanks so much for your lovely, kind words. Comments help me more than anyone realizes. I like being compared to vitamins, that's cool! Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol! Yes, I am sure you have the graphite too, but then you are so good at so many mediums. No time limit, at all! ;o)

elenor said...

Such a lovely face, Jacki!
I don't care that the proof is not scientific, it's a relief anyway that it is "normal" to forget things being older than 60.
My dear friend for decades has Alzheimer's Disease and it is so sad to see the former math professor in this state. And you can do nothing. It really is a gift to be able to care for oneself and manage everyday life when one gets older.
Your pics from your visit to the house on the hill are really delightful. Thanks for sharing.
Wishing you a fine afternoon and a good night.

Carol said...

Liking your sketch! John, you are bad! I thought, "What 7? and thought, "I don't even remember a 7, I must have ALZ." and actually scrolled back to check! Fun activity Jacki! I loved, loved loved your Kenny Loggins/Michael Mc music! MMMM MMMM MMM!!The video with the little boy in the hospital was wonderful! Your "smiles" always surprise me when I hear myself laugh out loud! Such cute granddogs. What a great way to spend some time. I know everyone must appreciate it a lot when you do this, especially the dogs! Thank you for all of this. The time you must spend pulling all this together!
Yes, AZ Carol sounds perfect. I am a native of Prescott. Elenor, my grandmother and her sister were brought to America by a young, adult aunt so that they would be safe. She died when my mom was 6 months old so I never knew her.
Hoping your shoulder is less painful today Jackie!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, yes, I like the idea of being normal for my age. Yes, the granddogs, Laker and Zoey are really sweet, and I gain as much as they do by the visits. It's funny that I have to go there to take some quiet time? Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thanks again, AZ Carol, I do love hearing from you. I have good friends in Albuquerque and got to visit them on a NM trip in 2019. That was a simpler time. So glad you enjoy the music, do take care.

Julie said...

Hi Jacki! Just wanted to say I enjoy your blog! It keeps my spirits up!

jacki long said...

Oh, thank you so much, Julie, I love hearing from you.
Please take good care of yourself and your Dad.