Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Day 3418: Hmmm ...

 

 

"Posh angel": junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here for Corine Bailey Rae, Put Your Record On.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Step-by-step ...

 
1

 
2

 
3


4

 
5

 
6
 

 


I've been wondering? Do you eat anything special on New Years Day for any particular reason? Health, money or whatever? I seem to remember my family in Indiana having cabbage to bring money? Today I was watching the tv cooking show CHOPPED, and they mentioned black-eyed peas, which was new to me. I googled and found 12 Traditional New Year's Foods That Bring Good Luck in the Year Ahead:
  • Pork. (for inspiration?)
  • Black-Eyed Peas. ...
  • Greens. ...
  •   Grapes. (12 grapes, 1 for each month?)
  •   Noodles. ...
  • Lentils. ...
  •   Fish. ...
  • Pomegranates.
and what not to eat on New Years, here.  I am guessing different cultures and locations have different customs? What do you think/know?
I think it is so interesting, please let me know?


 

 
 
 
A wow 1-minute video, Teacher shootshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher

 

 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 



 

 

 
 


 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 



7 comments:

Bea said...

Love your angels and I spend time studying the step by steps. Happy New Year…

john said...

One of the many things I love about the angels the fashion show that they put on. Thanks for that! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Bea, it is so good to hear from you, a gift in itself. Thank for feedback nd have a terrific, healthy 2022!

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! I guess you can tell I love lots of pattern, never too many?

elenor said...

Very special, the handbag! I love it!
In our family we don't eat anything special on New Years Day. This day's only tradition is watching the New Year's concert of (or with???) the Viennese Philharmonics. It really is worth it. The other tradition is what we eat on Silvester evening: it's French onions soup and Salzburger Nockerl. I send you the recipe so you can try it.
Jacki, I hope you got your heat problem fixed?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, my heat is again working. It was an easy fix today, after an outrageous estimate from the first company.
your recipe looks delicious.

Amelia Medina Davies said...

Posh Angel is candy to the eye!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR Jacki! Wishing you lots more fun and creative days ahead!