Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Day 3396: "E" ticket.

 

"E ticket": ink-brush, junk mail collage & digital.
 

 



Want music?




Click here for Tim McGraw, Humble and Kind.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...


Physical Therapy is on-going with a weekly trek to add new modes of torture in strengthening my left shoulder. I practice daily at home, so there is progress, just slower than I would prefer. Monday Carole and I went to lunch at Naan & Kabob

 


A great little hole in the wall restaurant with the best Tandori chicken in the world. Says me. On the way there we saw this license plate.

Then Carole was so kind to drive me to my PT appointment at 2:30, waiting patiently for 30 minutes. We went shopping on the way home and I was at home by 4:15 pm. Time to start on #3396.

 

2GN2S ...


Man who had open-heart surgery wins a $1 million lottery prize after the ticket came in a get-well card

 

A Massachusetts man recovering from open-heart surgery won a $1 million lottery prize on a scratch-off ticket given to him by a friend, according to lottery officials.

Alexander McLeish received three scratch-off tickets in a get-well card from a friend earlier this month, according to a news release from the Massachusetts State Lottery Commission.  
 

The first sign of good luck on the prize-winning ticket were McLeish's initials as the first three letters.
 
As McLeish scratched off the first three letters on the crossword lottery ticket, his first glimpse of good luck was revealing his initials: A, W and M. As he continued matching letters to words on the lottery ticket, for a game called $5,000,000 100X Cashword, he revealed the word "heart" on the bottom row of the puzzle.


.
 

 

 
 
 
Interesting 5-minute video, glass ornamentshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Pyrrhuloxia
 
 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 


 


 


 



97 year old.
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

"E ticket" is fantastic! Such a great idea and realization.
Jacki, you are so brave with your shoulder. I only can imagine how hard and painful your physical therapy is. You always need to keep in mind what you want to achieve. I think you are on the right path.
Seeing President Jimmy Carter at the age of 97 and reading his credo encourages me to go on as good as I can and never give up. He sets the best example for us.

john said...

Love the transparency of many of the words. :-). I have been doing some transfers of words on the gelli plate today. Too much fun. Your piece reminds me of what I was doing. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

I bet your younger viewers don't even know what an "E Ticket" is. That made me laugh. (It doesn't take much.)

Stan has an old porsche with a stick shift. One of our workers told him that was like a anti-theft device because most young people don't know how to drive one! LOL!

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor. Yes, I think Jimmy Carter is an inspiration to us all. Have a great week!

jacki long said...

Thanks John. Yes, I llove what you are doing. So tactile and yummy!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol! Yes, I thought about that when I names it "E" ticket, so it could be an insider joke for certain special people.
I had a stick shift Porsche, and loved every second, though I might be too lazy to drive shift now?