Sunday, December 12, 2021

Day 3401: 80 is good.

 

 

"cour-AGE": junk mail collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Darrel Hall, She's Gone.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ...

This birthday has been terrific, so it turns out 80 is good! I got up early to go meet WonderWoman at 9:30 am. From the house on the hill she drove us to Palm Springs on a pretty SoCal day and I took pictures to share so you could go too.

 
 
 
 
Our destination...
 
 
and to meet long time friend, Denise, who drove 3 hours from Yuma. I assure you, I am not worth the long drive, but she persisted. Las Casuelas, the original, not the three newer ones in Palm Springs and Palm Dessert, is our favorite. Denise is a chili relleno connoisseur, and this is her favorite ever. WW and I like the tacos and have since WW was so young. I didn't think about photographing the food till on the way home? But it was delicious.
 


Denise and I have been friends for many years, over thirty years I think? Sometimes we don't see each other for a year or more, but when we do, we always pick up right where we left off. That's really a good friendship.  This day, over a delicious lunch we caught up on families and events. Denise and husband John are active active in Rv-ing and e-biking, doing a 21 mile ride yesterday. But too soon, it was time to start home.

Heading out of Palm Springs on Palm Canyon.


We were back to the house on the hill at 2 pm, where I had a pretty birthday gift to open.

thank you Salloum Family

I was home by 2:45 pm and had to decide between starting on this blog, the smarter decision. And, taking a short nap, the appealing decision. What do you think happened?

 If you guessed nap, you are right, but a shorter nap. If you guessed the blog, you are also right, since that happened too. You see, Carole was to pick me up at 5 pm to go to the Nakamura's annual party in Fullerton and Angelo and Vinci's. Always a fun event.

Leo and Susan Nakamura
Once there we enjoyed delicious food, seeing friends and an appearance from Santa.

 
And, somebody leaked my birthday and I got a beautiful cake from Kevin and Michelle Suzuki!

 
Everyone had a great time, but just a few photos.
 

Kevin, me, Santa/Roy, Carole, Michelle
 

Home to finish this blog at 10:30 pm. A big day! So you can see, I have been extremely spoiled. Paired with calls from Brandon, Roberto and Dawn from Colorado, texts from so many special friends and relatives. I haven't had a chance to go through e-mails and FB wishes yet.! Thanks to all for making this a very special day.


 
 
A cute 1-minute video, Puppy digs a holehere.


 
Just because ...
 
Black-necked stork


 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 


 








 
  

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


6 comments:

elenor said...

Excellent, your collage. Courage is something we need daily.
Jacki, your pictures are wonderful, the best one you with your daughter. But all others are so nice too. They really show how happy you were in company with your dear friends. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. So, once again

Happy birthday, dear Jacki!

Jane I said...

Belated "Happy Birthday" Jacki


Thank you for sharing your unique art, take on the world, family, the Hunks and other interesting stuff of wonder every day. You are amazing.
Jane Ice

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, and for contributing to my very happy birthday.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Jane. It was a great day and thank you for visiting this silly blog when you can, I really appreciate you.

SlocombesOut&About said...

Jacki, you are so worth driving many many more hours than I did just to share stories, news, family updates. laughter and gentle wisdom. What a treat to see Erin who is one of my all time favorite Mom Heroes! Thanks Jacki for all you are and all you do for those lucky enough to call you Friend, Mom, Grandma and Sensei.

jacki long said...

Wow, thanks Denise. I am especially flattered in that the kind words come from you, a great, smart lady and good friend. You made my day, I thank you for your love, you have mine as well.