Saturday, December 11, 2021

Day 3400: 8 decades?

 

"Angela": gesso, watercolor, ink brush, collage.


 



Want music?




Click here for Michael Jackson, I Can't Help It.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...

Getting ready for Saturday, I went to Julie to tame my hair. I left a very happy camper. Once in my car I hear a message on my phone ...  it was from Grandhunk #3.
 

No response.  (I had parked next to a brand new shiny 2022 Corvette.)

While at Julie's, she had mentioned Hungry Boy (Thai food) in Huntington Beach, so I went there for take out lunch (BBQ pork rice bowl) to take home. Yummy!

Scan for the menu?
A new way to spell my name.


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

  When I got home, there was a package on my doorstep, delivered by Amazon.

 


From Rad Nana, aka Lynn in Colorado (Pacific Checks). A lovely lady I have never met in person, but know through this blog. I tell her she is lucky that I am not in Colorado, or I would be knocking on her door often, to see if she could come play!

In her sweet enclosed tag, she mentioned, "I loved this book and hope you will too. Happy Birthday my Dear."

 Thank you for this Rad Lynn, and for your kind words and thoughtfulness over the years. I am looking forward to the book and am so blessed.

So, as I am quickly approaching that 8 decade marker, I do feel lucky over the years. My Dad said, "If I knew I was going to last this long, I would have taken better care of myself."


 

Can you believe it category ...

Camels ejected from beauty contest over Botox use and other 'tampering'


Organizers of a popular camel beauty contest in Saudi Arabia have disqualified 43 contestants after cracking down on Botox injections and other forms of "tampering" by breeders.

The 40-day King Abdulaziz Camel Festival, located about 100 kilometers (62 miles) northeast of the capital, Riyadh, launched at the beginning of December. In its sixth year, it sees breeders compete for more than $66 million in prize money, according to Saudi state media outlet Saudi Press Agency (SPA), so the stakes are high.
Unscrupulous breeders have been accused of using a number of methods to make their camels more likely to win, such as injecting silicone and fillers, and inflating body parts using rubber bands to enhance their appearance.

 

 
 
 
A great 5-minute video, Stevie Wonder broken keyboard, here. Watch till the end, genius!


 
Just because ...
 
Rufous hummingbird

 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...

 
 
 
 


 

 


 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 


4 comments:

john said...

Isn’t it just wonderful that you have a blog friend that you have never actually met wishing you a happy birthday. Here is a happy birthday from a friend you have met. Warm birthday wishes, Jacki!

I loved the receipt spelling of your name.

Your portraits are always so warm and happy. Love that! :-)

elenor said...

I thought it's a lovely self portrait before reading you called her "Angela". Anyway, I love her.
Jacki, best and kindest birthday wishes from overseas from a blog friend you never met.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Yes I am blessed with your friendship, must be doing something right. 80 feel pretty good.

jacki long said...

Thank you dear Elenor. I am, so lucky to have your friendship across the globe, you help me daily. Thank you.