Saturday, December 4, 2021

Day 3393: NYC trip.

 

"NYC star": photo, collage, digital.

 




Want music?




Click here for Sean Mendez, It'll Be Okay.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 

 
 
A huge thank you to Lydia, Amelia, John, Elenor and Libby for your oh so sweet and kind comments here on yesterday's blog, here. I admit I have re-read them more than once. I realize that everyone is so busy with their lives, but your taking time to comment and encourage, has fueled me to do more. Thank you.
 

 

 Update ...

Thursday was a good day, a little busy, but the best hour of my week happened with a phone call.
 
"Have you eaten?" I replied, "Yes, I am so full."
Grandhunk #3 said, "Okay, is it okay if I pick up some food and come over and eat before I go to work?"  (Is the Pope Catholic?)


 "Of course, I can't wait to see you." I melt when any of my three grandhunks take time out of their busy lives to visit. 


So before long, Zack was here with a club sandwich & fries and we talked as he ate. We covered several subjects and the hour flew by.

Since my surgery there are a few jobs that are difficult, though I am making good progress. I keep a list for when the next strong person visits. Last week Jean and Craig Nomura stopped by, and Craig did two jobs. This week Zack did four. All quick fixes.I have a new list started. 

I am so blessed to have help.

 


You know it's good when you are still smiling an hour later. 


 

 

2GN2S ...

A rare Hawaii blizzard warning is in effect while Colorado remains dry and snowless?

Hawaii has flood watches and blizzard warnings in effect. There could be up to a foot of snow and 100-mph wind gusts! As of Friday morning, only two states in the US have blizzard warnings -- and they are Alaska and Hawaii. Yes, you read that correctly. In fact, more snow has fallen in Hawaii this season than in Denver, Colorado.

Several blizzard warnings are in effect in Alaska where blowing snow will cause travel conditions to be extremely difficult if not impossible. Snow is common in Alaska, especially this winter season. Much of Alaska was colder than normal in November, with some areas near record levels.
Hawaii's blizzard warnings are a bit rarer. According to the Iowa mesonet data site, it's been 1,347 days (over 3.5 years) since the last blizzard warning was been issued by the National Weather Service (NWS) in Honolulu. 
 

 The weather service is forecasting up to a foot of snow or more with winds gusting up to 100 mph through the weekend for the Big Island summits.


 

 
 
 
A special 2+minute video, Soldier fallhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Green-billed Toucan

 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 

 

 



 
 


 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

5 comments:

john said...

The orange in the window captured my attention right away. Lovely! I love your architectural pieces. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, I have enought NYC architectural photos to last me forever. ;o)

elenor said...

What a lovely photo of you and Zack! I can see and feel how happy you and Zack are. Jacki, that makes me smile too.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, we Grandma's understand. Are you still on lock-down? I am wishing you a wonderful weekend and week after.

Mary McKay Schaffer said...

You probably cannot imagine how much your blog means to me. Because whenever I try to respond, it gets stuck in the ending. I'll try again. Please keep creating. My new email address is marymckayschaffer1@gmail.co. Love to you, Mary