Saturday, December 18, 2021

Day 3407: 'Tis the season.

 
 
"Irene's angel card": junk mail collage
 

 



Want music?




Click here for Seraphic Fire, Good Night, Dear Heart.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...

Thursday, Grandhunk#1 just off a 48 hour EMT shift, offered to help me get my Christmas decoration bin from the top shelf in the garage. 
 
Grandhunk#1 arriving at my front door.

He doesn't need a ladder, he just hands it down for me to peruse. I pull out the few necessities and he return the bin to the ceiling. I asked him if he would be free for lunch, and he was. We went to Naan & Kabob, a local Persian restaurant with the best chicken I have ever tasted.
 
 
I had Jordan take a photo of his clean plate.
 
 
Being with him was the very best part of my day,
But now, time for Christmas decorations.
 
During the young WonderWoman years & 
33 years of married life, the holiday decor was in full tilt. Big tree, lights, too many ornaments ... excess galore. Later, I handed down all the good stuff to WW & family. Now it's ...




My precious little tree. Perfect! I heard a personality saying you could tell so much about a person by their tree selection. I thought about mine, yes, perfect! I bought at an art fair years ago, it's just under 12 inches. Minimal is an overstatement?


                      
My 4" Japanese Santa from high school best friend 
             Karen Hirota (Tamura), almost 62+ years ago. He  keeps me company in my studio year-round.


  The ancient door decor with bells and an angel.


Christmas cactus in full bloom at the front door.


My Grandmother's 4" high nativity, 100+ years old.


My 1" high wooden Christmas train a gift from Colin Morris, over 35 years ago.




An antique steel car ornament by artist Sherry Goodloe, 2014. I am just beginning to work on wrapping a few gifts. I am just beginning to work on wrapping a few gifts.


























 
 
 
A 4-minute video, Christmas lightshere.


 
Just because ...
 
White-breasted Nuthatch
 
 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 
 


 

 
 

 
 


 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

Another great angel. I love hearing about your life. Thanks for sharing your story, this time about your Christmas “elf” visit. :-)

elenor said...

Such a super cute angel! And then the other angel even arrived in person! I'm so glad you spent some precious time with Grandhunk#1. These few hours made you happy for the rest of the day, didn't it?
Hoping tomorrow will be another happy day for you, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, your kind words mean so much to me, I often worry that there is too many stories etc. but some have said they like that best? Your angel card is en route. Did you receive a postcard earlier? In October I think?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I hjave been thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying your freedom from lock down? That;s a gift in itself, right?