Thursday, December 2, 2021

Day 3391: Bear in Mind.

 

"Mae": photos, ink brush drawing, collage, digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Aretha Franklin, Until You Come Back
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

 

* (But first, an apology for yesterday's tirade, here.) 

 

A special treat for December ...


One of the blogs I really enjoy following is Carol. .She shared this poem from The Writers Almanac.
I liked it & thought you might too?

Bear In Mind

A bear is chasing me through a meadow and I’m running as fast as I can but he’s gaining on me—it seem he’s always gaining on me. I’m running and running but also thinking I should just turn around and say, “Stop it! Stop chasing me. We both know you aren’t going to catch me.
All you can ever do is chase me. So, think about it—why bother?”
The bear does stop, and he sits on his haunches and thinks, or seems to think. And then the bear says to me, “I have to chase you, you know that. Or you should. And, sure,we both know I’ll never catch you. So, why not give us both a break and just stop thinking about me?”
But, with that said, he gets back on four feet, sticks his long pink tongue out, licks down both sides of his snout. Then he sighs, looks behind himself, then at me and says, “Okay, ready when you are.”


P.S. Taking a deep breathe ...






and releasing the bear that I will not be participating in any shenanigans or reindeer games this December. And that includes chasing. He sent a note back thanking me for giving him the month off to roll around in the woods & eat honey. ♥




 

 

 

Throwback Thursday ...

 


After Kangeiko, Huntington Beach, January 2011


 

 
 
 
A great 4-minute video, sketchbookhere.


 
 
Just because ...
 
yellow-rumped Warbler

 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

3 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, there is really no reason to apologize. I really understood that you were angry - I would be too!
Carols blog is wonderful, very inspiring. Thanks for sharing her link.
Mae looks like I feel this evening. When you were looking forward to something and there is a no .. But tomorrow is another day.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor for understanding. I am gkad you liked Carol's link, she is always good.

john said...

Nothing better than orange and red together. :-)