Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Day 3411: Angels everywhere.

 

"Val's angel: junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here for Rose Royce, Ohh Boy.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update news ...

 

A new first puppy.

Commander

A new puppy, a pure-bred German Shepherd, was spotted Monday playing on the South Lawn of the White House. "Yes. There is (a puppy)," the puppy is named "Commander" and was a birthday gift to the President from his brother and sister-in-law. Biden was 79 in November.

 

2GN2S ...

When Cook's health worsened at 89, 31-year-old Salvatore even asked the elderly woman to move in with him and helped take care of her.

“I just couldn’t do that to someone who is like my own grandmother,” Salvatore said at the time. Instead, he offered to have his ailing neighbor move in with him. Cook was absolutely thrilled by the invitation, and the transition seemed only natural since he would spend most days visiting her apartment anyway. “My apartment was the only place she would have moved. She has strong opinions about where she wants to carry out the rest of her days, and she wants to stay here,” Salvatore explained about the arrangement. “Moving her in…it feels as though it was meant to be all along. It’s fulfilling to be there for her.”

Once Cook moved in, bringing along her dear Hermes, they quickly developed a routine. Salvatore would cook for her, and the two would spend time together on the couch watching the news, talking, drinking Champagne, and eating peanuts. Though the doctors had told them it would be a miracle if Cook lived past the holidays, the two were able to share a few more precious months, even ringing in the New Year together.

When Cook finally passed away in February of 2017, Salvatore was heartbroken. But the bond he shared with the elderly woman has stuck with him all these years. 

“I feel her watching over me and it is a happy feeling,” He expressed at the time of her death. “She is out of pain and in peace, probably drinking a glass of champagne, dancing, reunited with the many friends that she's had throughout her life. I am forever a changed man and I thank this magnificent lady for everything she has taught me.”


 

 
 
 
A fun 2-minute video, dancing traffic lighthere.


 
Just because ...
 
Ostriches
 
 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 



 
 

 
 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

4 comments:

john said...

Just love this angel series. Guess what? Oh yes you know. You sent me an angel, too. I was so pleased to receive it in yesterday’s mail. It is a male angel. I had been hoping for days that one would come my way in the post and it did. Thank you so much. What a treasure! :-)

jacki long said...

Oh good! I only made one man angel, nd I hoped you would like it.
Glad he made the trip okay. Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice too.

elenor said...

You found another lovely feel good story, Jacki. Thanks.
.... Be kind, just always be kind, ..... That's such a wonderful - and necessary - advise.
The first winter day was just perfect. Frosty all day but we had full sunshine after many, many foggy and dark days. But now I'm glad the days will get longer slowly but surely. Sun is kind of a medicine for me.
BTW I also always enjoyed watching ski races. Skiing is very popular here.

jacki long said...

Stay warm, dear Elenor. WE are having rain today and tomorrow and I am a happy camper! I am with the rain as you are with the sun?