Monday, June 29, 2020

Day 2894: Who knows? Or, cares?




"Somber Clarise": graphite drawing, watercolor, junk mail collage on a journal page.







Want music?

 




Click here for Paul Simon, Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





A grey Sunday and a slow start.
I worked on some cardboard postcards.
Some have gesso first, then a drawing ...


The guy was on tv, and I did a quick sketch before he was gone.


I have been fascinated with exaggerated bodies, 
long necks have always been a staple. 
I always wanted a long neck.


This album cover inspired a lot of the flowy dress drawings.


Some are marker drawings, a few are ink-brush drawings.
I make my own mark-making tissue for collage. I got it out.



You'd probably give little hope for this big-neck girl? Me too.



and I am deciding whether I will collage?
I kind of like them unfinished?
Who knows? Or, cares?





Just because ...
 
Australian King Parrot, male.
 




Smiles for Monday ...

























4 comments:

john said...

Somber Clairse is just that somber. You captured the feeling to a T. Lovely piece! :-)

authenticadultwoman said...

Your wonderfully distorted sketched women are powerful and fabulous. What a gift you have!!!

jacki long said...

Thank you John, she was done by a moody lady that day and it came through?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Dorothy, I am having fun distorting the scale and limbs.