Thursday, June 18, 2020

Day 2883: Do you know Mae West?




"Mae West": china marker drawing in journal.






Want music?

 




Click here for The Heartbeats, A Thousand Miles Away.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






I watched the Mae West documentary tonight, as I vaguely 



remember adults talking about her when I was little.
It's 80 minutes, but I really enjoyed it. At first, I felt guilty
because I didn't have any blog artwork done yet.
Then I paused the film and drew her face several times,

 















and decided that might be my artwork for # 2883?

Mae's Mother
Mae's Father




















They are all quick sketches in a medium journal
using a china marker.









Add caption
























Have you ever tried sketching from tv or a video?
Most of mine are wonky,  but there's an occasional keeper?









• A 1-minute video on Spot, the robot dog for sale, here.
• A 16-minute video on levels of origami, here.
• An 80-minute documentary on Mae West, here.


Throwback Thursday ...


Demura Sensei's O.C. Fair Demo Team, Costa Mesa, CA. 2004.



Smiles for Thursday ...

























4 comments:

john said...

Lot of sketching fun by you! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.

jeriinpaso said...

Lots of fun ones and art..xo

jacki long said...

Thanks, jeri!
Hope you and Jerry are terrific!
Miss you! ;o)