Saturday, June 13, 2020

Day 2878: Happy 21st Birthday, Jake! Grandhunk #2.





"Memories": old photos, collage, china marker, acrylic & digital.







Want music?

 




Click here for Doobie Brothers, What A Fool Believes.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Day 2 at the house on the hill.



Very quiet, almost spa-like. Up at 7:45 am.
Cooler in the morning, Laker laid in the dirt for warmth. 
Zoey laid on the pavers.


I sat in the sun and started to read a new book. 

Tomorrow: The Tale of Despereaux
 
Today: Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo















  









I got too warm in the sun and moved to the outdoor couch.
The shade was cool so I got a throw for warmth.
When the granddogs warmed up, they joined me. 

 Written in 2000, it is a wonderful book for kids and adults.


I read the entire book in an hour fifteen minutes and 
I loved every second. I read another of her books last week.
I wish I could have read it to WW 40 years ago.



Tonight's sunset at 8:10 pm. It went down fast.
I hope you had a nice day too. 


 



Meanwhile, there will be celebrating at the river! 
Happy 21st Birthday, Jake! Grandhunk #2.

Twenty-one years ago today, 
I was blessed to be present when baby Jake was born, 
almost 8 pounds, 21 inches & very healthy!
We were all so thrilled!



 So many memories ...


and time goes by so quickly.
Today, a few blinks later Jake, (Grandhunk #2) is now 21, 6'3"!


Celebrating with SM, WW, Brothers and buddies at Lake Havasu.

Happy 21st Birthday Jake!





We all love you!









• A one-minute video of Antarctica Penguins taking a selfie, here.
• A short video featuring the amazing skills of goats, here
• A one-minute video, Smithsonian collecting signs, here.




Just because  ...





 


Smiles for Saturday ...


























6 comments:

john said...

Memories. Very effective way to express this thought. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you John, have a great weekend.

elenor said...

Happy birthday to Jake and best wishes. 21 is such a wonderful age, full of plans and hope. You are really blessed to have such a great family.
Happy Sunday, dear Jacki!

jeriinpaso said...

Love love

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, yes 21 seems like a faint memory? Young adults figuring things out, gradually. I think they had a great weekend at the river. I would hate to have to pay the food bill! ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks, thanks, dear Jeri! I love you!