Thursday, March 31, 2022

Day 3511: Hope.


 

"Hope" ; photo, junk mail collage, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here: Lionel Richie, Just to be Close to You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

Today was my six month check up with my surgeon, checking on both my right (September 23, 2021) and left (April5,2022) Bilateral Total Shoulder Anthroplasties. Both shoulders got three z-rays today in different positions. Both got a good report.

Dr. Sodl has helped me since 2014. Originally with cortisone injections which enabled me to continue training. He explained that both shoulders were in bad shape, bone on bone from arthritis and over use., and that surgery was imminent. He warned me then that eventually the shots would not help. But the shots did work for six months plus to begin with and gradually less time.

 By the end of 2018, it was the end of cortisone help, so surgery was inevitable. But Covid surfaced and elective surgeries were stopped. I could no longer train due to shoulder pain. So, I was a grouchy, unhappy camper. When Covid eased up enough to allow scheduling surgeries, in 2021, I got in line.

Today I thanked Dr. Sodl. I brought him a little thank you card and a gift card, which he didn't open. I thanked him for getting me back to what I have loved to do for 50 years, now at age 80. He said he didn't do it for this (gesturing to the card) but for you (me). Dr. Sodl is a real hero.

 

 
Throwback Thursday ...

A special gift, 1982, and Cassie Latimer

 

 
 
 
A great 15-minute video, Charles & Ray Eameshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Red-bellied Pitta

 
 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 




 

 
 


 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Wow! I wish I had said that quote! "Always believe something wonderful is about to happen." Such a cool way to go through life. The Eames Ted talk was wonderful. I hope many of your followers have the time to view it. I felt like maybe you posted it just for me. But you could have done that by personal email. So you hoped that many would see it. So glad the results of all that physical therapy, and some pain, I am certain, got you to where you are today. Jacki, you are a role model for so many of us. Thank you.

john said...

The negative space is as effective as the positive space. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol, I haave always admired the Eames since college when our Art Department head, Dr. Alice Nichols ( a close friend and contemporary of Georgia O'Keefe) had Herman Miller bring a truck load of really fine furniture to the gallery for us to not only see but feel and sit in. I am so blessed to have had her tutelage. Of course I knew you would enjoy the video.
.

jacki long said...

Thank you , John I really appreciate your feedback. I, like you do love negative space, so I was happy with this one.Thanks again.

elenor said...

Let's hope. Excellent.
Today I already was asking myself how your shoulders would be. I'm glad to hear your positive update. That'a wonderful.
I agree with Caroll Wolf, you are a role model for me too.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I don't know about a role model, but I do think I should get brownie points for patience. Have a great weekend!