Thursday, March 3, 2022

Day 3483: Ukraine.

 

 

"Ukraine": acrylic, digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Roberta Flack, The First Time ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ...

Up and at'em earlier today. Several errands, and calls to make. I am better at the former than the later. Three loads of laundry, linens are in now. I drove to Kaiser to get a refill, which wasn't approved so I will wait 12-24 hours. While there I noticed the gorgeous sky and great palm trees to share with you.

 

 

The sky was such a beautiful blue, just some striated wisps of clouds. 71 degrees.

 


 And on the short drive home I saw this shiny new white Ferrari! I actually heard it before I located it. Next stop light I took a hurried shot. You get the idea?

 


 In younger days I would have been drooling, but now I am more sensible and just appreciate the beauty, and I am happy for the owner. Owning such a car, he probably is not overly concerned with the $6+ per gallon gas price?

WonderWoman flew in from her busy day with lunch from

We both had Hakata Ramen and Marinated Pork Fried Rice. Oishi!

 



 

 

Throwback Thursday

 

Demura Sensei & Yuji Okumoto
 
 I have known Yuji for over 35 years. He was kind enough to come to the annual Costa Mesa Dojo 1988 holiday tournament & signed autographs after Karate Kid II.
 
 
Yuji was a guest of honor at Demura Sensei's 25th  Anniversary Banquet,1990, a great black tie event.
 


So it has been wonderful to follow his acting and producing career. A recent interview, here.
 

 A great interview into his career and family. I recently saw Paper Tigers on Netflix and loved not only the action, but especially the humor not often found in martial arts films.
 

 Yuji Okumoto, one of the good guys.


 

 
 
 
A 1-1/2 minute video, Yuji's commercialhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
White-wing Fairy Wren

 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 




 

 


 


 
  

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

john said...

I like that you are doing works that are focused on the Ukraine. Such a tragedy!

jacki long said...

Thanks John, it is always on our mind, and we feel so helpless to help. I guess the art is is to release pressure?

elenor said...

Yes, it's always on our mind but we can do nothing to stop it. It just happens although most people don't like it. Visiting your blog is so relaxing, it feels like a break in this nightmare. Thanks for that, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor, what a lovely compliment. I am happy if my silly blog give you or anyone a break from the darkness. I try to keep it upbeat and short, there's enough of the other.Wishing you a wonderful weekend.