Thursday, March 10, 2022

Day 3490: Courage

 

 

"Courage": photo, acrylics, collage & digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Bobby McFerrin, Ave Maria
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

How cool is it to get a package you didn't order or expect? A heavy one. Today, there it was ...

 


 wrapped with gobs of bubble wrap and heavy-duty tape, I got a mini-workout just getting to the treasure inside. But it was so worth it!

 


Exquisite detail and workmanship, how did I get so lucky? Bryan does amazing work in his new Texas facility. He makes awards for Demura Sensei and many other companies.

 


 So I found the perfect spot in my studio.

 

 

Welcome home. Thanks so much, Bryan.

 

 
Throwback Thursday ...

 

Sakagami Sensei teaching kata, Aragaki Sochin, Mission Viejo, 1986




 
 
 
A 4-minute video, Mozart & Bamboohere.


 
Just because ...
 
Bare-faced Cura

 
 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 


 

 
 

 



 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

8 comments:

john said...

Yes, courage is the right title for your beautiful piece. Now Zelinski’s wife is sharing her courage with the Ukrainian people and the world.

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki,

Your art was so right on. If I get caught without a post on this horrible war, I hope you will let me us this one and give you credit. And the sunflower with the bees is so charming and full of love. What a nice way to start the day. Thank you.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. I almost used "honor", but it take courage to have honor these days.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Carrol, of course you can use any of my art for anything, anytime.Thanks again.

elenor said...

Jacki, can you imagine I heard Bobby McFerrin in person in a concert here in Austria? He is so amazing. What he can do with his voice is unique, he is such a wonderful artist.
I like that you honor the Ukrainian people every day with your beautiful art. Thanks for that.

Jane I said...

Jacki,

It's amazing how you come up with such interesting, always fascinating material every day. I love it all, especially the birds and your introductory art.and every thing else.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am so happy for you to see Bobby McFerrin in person! I have only seen him on tv, and he is so amazingly gifted, with such a great personality.Wishing you a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Jane. I am spo flattered that you like and view the blog. I send it out there, but it is wonderful to get feedback, thank you again. Have a terrific weekend, Jane!