Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Day 3481: Ukraine Sunflower.

 

"Ukraine Sunflower": photo, junk mail collage, digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Stevie Wonder, Isn't She Lovely.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

Do you know any Cat-people?
Well here are a few for your consideration.

 


Photographer Gerrard Gethings snapped quirky portraits for the cat memory game titled Do You Look Like Your Cat?


Cats have personalities that are as distinct as humans with looks to match. So, it should come as no surprise that people are drawn to a feline who possesses the same qualities they have. But just how good are you at identifying them? The new game Do You Look Like Your Cat? will test your abilities through matching and memory.

Can you make the purrfect match?


 
 
 

 



The box game was released by Laurence King Publishing and is available for purchase on Amazon.

 


Update ...

 

I read about "what would you grab if your house was on fire?"





This may seem strange, but one of the things I would grab when leaving "my house on fire" is ...








this sweet little bag that holds something so dear to me ...



my first black belt, earned in November 1979, 
seven years after starting,
proof that truly anyone can get there in time.







It was worn near daily for years & years,
and was retired to this special bag ...
when it was too frail to go on.






 Demura Sensei said, if I "were stronger  
it would have broken a long time ago." 
Our Sensei is so wise & patient. 




I have been asked why 
I roll my belt 
in between wearing? 





It's just a personal choice, intended 
to represent my training to continue 
on & on, rather than linear, back & forth.
It seems to have worked for me,
50 years and counting.

It is ironic that I have now returned to class after my two shoulder surgeries, and I am gladly wearing a white belt as I try to catch up. Some well-meaning friends ask me why I returned, since Karate (and arthritis) contributed to my shoulder replacements. All I can say is that I was grouchy for two years while I waited for my replacement surgeries and am so thankful to return to doing what I love to do.


 

 
 
 
A cute 6-minute video, Print Your Guy, here.


 
Just because ...
 
House Finch

 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 
 

 
 

 
 



 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

5 comments:

Branmuffin said...

That belt is legendary.

I remember when you had to switch to a new one...you were so sad...

jacki long said...

Thanks Brandon, it was a goog, good friend and had gotten me through a lot.
How are you and the girls?

elenor said...

It's so good to have something to do what we love and be able to do it. As long as this is possible we need to do it. That keeps us young!
I especially liked the last three smiles. The last one is so true but not always easy to follow. It's life long learning ...
I'm glad that your grandsons will stay near you and I'm sure they are glad that they have you living near them.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I am glad that they will be near.
Yes, I especially likes the same smiles, and loved how peoples faces shone when told they are beautiful.

john said...

Thank you Jacki! The Ukrainians are in our hearts. :-)