Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Day 3489: "Glory to Ukraine!"

 

 

"Glory to Ukraine!" photography, digital collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Bill Evans, Peace Piece.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

Again, good friend, Norma has given me a quick blurb idea for today's blog. In responding to her sweet e-mail, our responses will be the blurb.

 Norma was commenting on yesterday's blog, (here) with the beautiful sculptures by Jurga Sculpteur. She said: "Love the blog today and sculptures, especially the little girl, holding the teddy. I still have my teddy I got when I was 3 years old.  He is stuffed with straw and my mom sewed him up many times!

 I replied: "I love your memories of your teddy and especially that your Mom did repairs so often. He was well-loved!

I don't remember ever having a teddy bear, but I think I had other stuffed animals, maybe dogs? But I do still have the teddy bear I bought for Aunt Vonda to hug when she was in a nursing home. I actually bough two, one for Aunt Martha first, and she did hug it. Aunt Martha's bear was misplaced, but when Aunt Vonda passed they gave me the bear. He is not straw-stuffed, so is probably a huge dust magnet, but I can't "bear" to toss him. I just took a picture of him, he stays in my bedroom. I do hug him sometimes when I need a hug.

 



 
Update #2

Monday I had lunch with good friend Carole. We went to our usual favorite, Naan & Kabob, where they know us and never rush us out, as we are big talkers. Carole is soon to leave on a trip so we needed to store up on news. On the way out to our cars, I happen to see this license plate holder, so I took photo for you. The owner came out and was pleased but asked me to not show the license itself. Photoshop to the rescue.


I have a lot of friends who would reverse or replace the school name. I just thought it was funny. I have a whole file of license plates, so be prepared for that on a slow day.


 

 
 
 
A lovely 4+minute video, Over the Rainbow, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Great-crested Grebe
 
 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 



 

 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

YES! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.

elenor said...

Peace Piece is fabulous. If we only could bring this piece to Ukraine!
We really must feel blessed we are staying in a place without war. I never was aware Ukraine is only about 200 miles away from Vienna. When I grew up there still existed the Iron Curtain and all countries behind this strikt border didn't exist for us.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am glad you liked the music. I don't think many people check it out, but I have a good friend who does, so I keep it.