Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Day 3503: Turmoil.

 

"Turmoil" : junk mail collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Maze, Happy Feelings.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

As mentioned yesterday (here), I finally bought new bedding. It was more than overdue. The problem was that I still loved what I had, but it was threadbare and having it dry cleaned made the quilt separate in bunches. It was time. I guess I should explain, I am from the "never too many Patterns" school of design, so this may be overkill for some of you? You have been warned,


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





  

 


Enough color?

 

 
2GN2S
 
She inspires girls to believe in themselves.


 
As a middle school student in India, Sudha Varghese was paging through a magazine when she saw a photo that changed her life. It was a picture of a ramshackle hut on a roadside in Bihar State. 

The people who lived there, she learned, were the Musahar. In India’s earlier caste system, they were viewed as the “untouchables.” They could not own land and worked as poorly paid farm laborers. Most never had the opportunity to go to school.  

Sudha dedicated her life to improving their lives. Sudha focused her efforts on the Musahar women and girls. She opened a school for girls, offering free lessons in everything from math to karate. 

Most importantly, she teaches students to believe in themselves and their potential for greatness.

You can read more about Sudha and her incredible work in India here



 

 
 
 
An unusual 1-minute video, pool party, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Snow Bunting

 
 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 



 



 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

The new bedcovers are great. What a cheery way to start and end a day. Thank you for posting it.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol. I am glad you like them, I love them too.

elenor said...

When you wrote about your new bedding yesterday I had no Ides what you meant. I'm glad you showed so many photos that I learned today the meaning of the word. Jacki, your new bedding looks marvelous. I like the color combination, it's pleasant and elegant. Is it hand quilted? Such wonderful work. A real treasure.
I also found the story of Sudha Varghese and her work very impressive. So good there are such wonderful women who change the world of many to the better.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes is it quilted, maybe by hand or machine, not sure? I am happy with it, as it was a splurge.
Yes, I keep my eyes open for good stories. They are a out there, but don't get as much attention as I think they should.