Thursday, March 17, 2022

Day 3497: Solidarity.

 

 

"Solidarity" : junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here for Maria Muldaur, Midnight/Oasis
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 

2GN2S ...

Do you save quotes? I do and I thought I might share this, it sounds perfect to me.

 

Poet May Sarton on the importance of rest:

 

"I always forget how important the empty days are, how important it may be sometimes not to expect to produce anything, even a few lines in a journal. A day when one has not pushed oneself to the limit seems a damaged, damaging day, a sinful day. Not so! The most valuable thing one can do for the psyche, occasionally, is to let it rest, wander, live in the changing light of a room."

May Sarton: Journal of a Solitude

  


 
Throwback Thursday ...

 

One night training with Gogen Yamaguchi, Tokyo, 1984



 

 
 
 
A cute 6-minute video, Hey Deerhere.


 
Just because ...
 

Rose Finch

 
 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 


 

 


 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

4 comments:

john said...

Your abstractions ROCK! I love that you are showing solidarity for the Ukrainians everyday. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Yes, it seems right to me.

elenor said...

John always finds the best words for your great collages. I only can say I agree.
Jacki, I too save quotes. In my early teenage years I started a small exercise book for quotes. When it was full I used loose pages I added to the book and now I collect them on my laptop. What May Sarton says also sounds so perfect to me. I also save quite some of your smiles and now and then I share one with a dear friend. You see Jacki, all your blogs are very appreciated.

jacki long said...

Thank you so much , Elenor your kind feedback mean so much to me. Please feel free to use anything or any part, anytime. Happy Friday, or are you already there?