Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Day 3510: Resolve.


 

"Resolve": photo, junk mail collage & digital.

 



Want music?




Click here: Sun Rai, San Francisco Street.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Vintage Illustrations of Vegetables by Graphic Designer Tadashi Ohashi

 

I just saw this book, and loving illustration, I have been flipping through the pages. Published by Bijutsu Shuppan-sha in Tokyo in 1991, the book compiles illustrations of vegetables created by graphic designer Tadashi Ohashi (1916 – 1998). Despite Ohashi’s realism, there is a nostalgic feel in the colors and compositions of each vegetable. To me, reminiscent of seed packets?

 


Simply titled Vegetables, the book compiles the illustrations that Ohara created for Kikkoman, where he spent a large majority of his career. This context makes the illustrations all the more interesting. Rather than place Kikkoman’s main product, soy sauce, front and center, Ohara chose to focus on foods that could be paired with soy sauce.

 

 







 

Unfortunately the book is out of print but occasionally used copies surface.

 

 
Update ...
 


I do think it's so important to be close to family, and especially when we are older. I have been lucky in that I have never lived more than 12 miles from WonderWoman in her whole life. But good things change, she and Superman will be moving to Nevada, and the Grandhunks have already moved out, into their rental in Costa Mesa. They will be close, and I have friends and students. Later, I am guessing in five years I will move closer to WW. But for now I have returned to karate and have everything here. Plus Erin, reminds me she will be only a 1/2 hour flight or 3 hour drive away. I am enjoying how excited they are about their move. Their house on the hill is sold, they have 2 months free rent back so she can pack. I haven't written about this, as it makes it more final, but now that I have, I may address it in future blogs?

 

 
 
 
A cute 2-1/2-minute video, DJ Sumi Rockhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Starling


 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

  



 

 
 


 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

5 comments:

elenor said...

Jour collage - excellent as always.
When these wonderful illustrations published in 1991 are already vintage I think I'm already antique.
I always thought how lucky you are to have your family living so near. The move of your daughter and husband will be a huge change for you and a bit sad I guess. But that's life ....

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, Yes I have been spoiled for 49 years, it's time for them to plan their future, and they are both excited. The grandsons are also excited to be on their own, but I am sure they will miss their Mom's cooking and all the extras, but it is time. They have offered to have me live with them and they will have room, but I am no ready to give up my independence yet.

john said...

This could be a poster. Love it! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I guess vintage is in the eyes of the beholder?
And I will miss WW & Sm but they plan to come bqack once a month and we all know how fast a month goes?

jacki long said...

Thanks John, they just keep popping up?