Thursday, March 24, 2022

Day 3504: Resist.



"Resist": junk mail collage & ink.



"Dark Resist" : junk mail collage & digital.


 The top piece is the original, the lower was filtered in Photoshop. I'd love to know your preference? And, why?




Want music?




Click here: OJays, Stairway to Heaven.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

 
I just discovered Mary Aldwyth! Am I the only earthling that didn't know? How was my art education so deprived.

 

I had a terrible headache this evening. I was sitting in the living room when this program came on my PBS station.

"Outsider artist Aldwyth rewrites art history with her monumental and intricate collages, ably inserting herself in the process. She reimagines the art  world with a wit and vision that embraces everything, including the marginalized and the margins. "

COMING TO PUBLIC TELEVISION IN MARCH 2022

 



Her work and especially her approach to her work was so inspiring, I went in and got  my sketchbook and scribble 4 sloppy pages of notes.


  I really enjoyed it, and the headache eased up!


 
Throwback Thursday ...

Pan An Games, San Pedro Sula, Honduras, 1984

 

 

 
 
 
An amazing 3-minute video, flexibilityhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Yellow-crowned Gonolek

 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 




 

 
 
 

                                                                          Thanks for coming by today.

 

 



6 comments:

Bea said...

I especially like the bold contrasts of the original. But, I like all of your work…

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Bea, it is great hearing from you. Take care.

elenor said...

I too like the bold colors in the first pic. This collage again is so excellent and the added brushstrokes are ingenious (hope this is the right word?). I always prefer everything as puristic as possible, so I vote for the original version of the collage.

john said...

I like both for different reasons. The top one continues your theme support for the Ukrainians and it looks like there is an abstract heart. The second one seems noonish and I like that look, too. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I value your opinion.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I think everyone who has taken the time to respond prefers the original. I do too.Get ready for a happy weekend!