Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Day 3298: The "pro" in ...

 

 

"Jade": old photo, digital collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Luther Vandross, A House is Not a Home.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 
 
2GN2S
 
 
 
 Are you ready for September?
 
 
 
Calendar artwork by Terry Garrett
 
 
 
 
 

 

Update ...

 

Did I mention that I am a ... highly skilled procrastinator? I realize that it's not something worthy of bragging rights, but ... I am skilled at it!






I've always been a last minuter. It started in college.






Where I always got things done, but at the last possible moment.






Sunday at church, the message was the evils of procrastination. My family looked at me and smiled. The pastor too.





I am better than I used to be, 
 



but I still have a long way to go.





One advantage: WonderWoman is not a procrastinator! She saw me waiting till the last possible minute and decided she didn't want the stress. One good benefit.

Lately I have purged 1/2 of my books etc as shown here, and here. And, WW saw the big 83"x58" canvas that I had gesso-ed and planned to use, for more years than I'm brave enough to tell.

 

You can see it took up a lot of space.  WW has an artist friend who wanted a large canvas, and I was finally ready to give it up.


 

So she brought the truck and loaded the huge canvas to take to a new owner.
 


Funny thing, I had forgotten what artwork was hidden behind the canvas. Big improvement. Ttrying to teach an old dog new tricks.



 

 
 
 
A fun 6-minute video, OB donuts, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Eastern Spinebill

 
 


  
                     

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 
 

 

 


 

   



 




                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Jade has such an impressive face, emphasized by the colors you chose. Your picture wall is great, Jacki. Aren't you relieved the big canvas isn't there any more? Sometimes we feel committed (hope this is the right word) to finish something we started a long time ago, maybe because we don't want wasting it - old generation's values? But it can be so freeing to let go things we don't need and want anymore.
August started extremely hot and ended extremely fresh and rainy. Maybe it's a good sign that September started with sunshine and nice temperatures. I'm always a bit shocked that time passes so quickly and another month is over but I guess you are quite glad your surgery is coming soon.

john said...

I always wish I were watching over your should as you create. Just lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I am in hopes that September moves quickly, it will be a big month for me. And I am dreaming of getting some rain. We have such terrible fires going on, rain would literally be a Godsend.

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I would love it if you were near to visit.