Thursday, September 16, 2021

Day 3313: Happy Birthday, Sensei!

 

 

"Demura Sensei", photo, collage & digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Yo-Yo Ma, Japanese melodies.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

September 15th is Demura Sensei's birthday.

 Happy Birthday to my Sensei of 49-3/4 years. 

He has great patience with so many of us.

 
A wonderful down-to-earth super star in Karate and the world of Martial Arts, and in our life and in our hearts. 
 

Demura Sensei has a terrific sense of humor, great strength and kindness that inspires everyone he meets. If you don't know him, you really should.
 


Almost a smile, but to get a real smile ...
 
 
add a pretty girl ...

Demura Sensei and Mei Okumura

or a pretty girl and her dog.

Demura Sensei, Yuki and Mei Okumura, photo by Masa Okumura

Or, long time friends.
 
May 16,2017 Receiving an award from the Mayor of the City of Santa Ana, with Carole & George Suzuki

and anytime spent with students, friends & family.
 

Thanking Sensei for over fifty years of ...

knowledge, teaching, patience, kindness and fun.

Domo arigatou gozaimasu!

We wish you O tanjō-bi omedetō gozaimasu, Demura Sensei!




 

 Update ...

 Today after day class, 15 students and former students met at ...

 

 

to celebrate Demura Sensei's birthday!

 

 
and an amazing overall shot from above ...

 


I am sure there were more celebrations at the dojo. 

 

Thank you Larry Carlson for a wonderful lunch.


We are so lucky to be able to celebrate with him.

 

 

 

 
 
 
A fun 7-minute video, Real Miyagi, here.




Throwback Thursday ...


Demura Sensei, Japanese Deer Park, Buena Park, CA early 1970




































Hombu Dojo, 1967


Makoto Ibushi & Demura Sensei, 1980.

 
 
Just because ...
 
 

 

 


  
                     

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 

 

 


 

 


                                                               Thanks for coming by today.



9 comments:

Samuel K evin Grimes said...

Thank Sempai "J" for providing an amazing life experience that l will remember 4life!!! There aren't ENOUGH words to describe all the ",positive "relationships knowing this special person has provided for me in my life the Martial Arts training is truly an outstanding Bonus...mad ❤ and respect for the
Real Mr.Miyagi and the family always

Branmuffin said...

Happy birthday, Sensei!!!

While I know Sensei was our head and you considered yourself more "senpai" out of respect for our leader, I've always considered you my sensei, and for things both in and outside of karate, you've been my teacher and 2nd mom for many life lessons.

SlocombesOut&About said...

What a beautiful and touching tribute to a great karate-ka and Sensei! Thank you.

jacki long said...

Thank you Kevin, I have only wonderful memories of you and especially your first day in class.You know so many would have had another reaction to such a strange first class, but I knew you were special and would treasure it as you have. It was wonderful seeing you and Natra yesterday. I felt we were all blessed to celebrate with Demura Sensei. Thank you for your kind words, Kevin.

jacki long said...

Thanks Brandon, you are so kind and your sweet words touch my heart. It has been my blessing to have you and your wonderful family in my lifr for so many years, I love you all.

jacki long said...

Thank you Denise, approaching 80, I find that all the wonderful memories are priceless and the photos enhance the memories. I am wishing you and John a great year.

elenor said...

Your digital photo & collage is wonderful.
All your photos show how Demura Sensei is respected and loved. I'm sure he enjoyed all your company on this festive day. What a great man.

jacki long said...

Yes, I think he had a good birthday.
Have a great weekend, Elenor.

john said...

Perfect! I love the striations. :-)