Thursday, September 2, 2021

Day 3299: Muzukashi

 

 

"Muzukashi": drawing, collage, acrylics, on canvas.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Yello,  Oh Yeah!
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

 

Patience is a virtue. I have always heard that. But, sometimes it is muzukashi, difficult. I arrived at Kaiser this morning, early for my pre-op appointment. After parking in the huge structure, 

 

I got on the end of a huge line, 

 

all socially distanced apart, 

 

and all waiting to get into the main building, and

just to check in! Look at that line, it disappears! *Note the man behind me in the blue shirt.

 

Whenever I have to wait, I start shooting ... 

 

 

anything, and everything.

 



Where am I now in this line of humanity?

 

 

Getting nearer, 30 minutes so far.
 

 

It was about at this point when a lady got out of a card and went straight to the front of the line waving her appointment card. The man behind me went bolistic, as we all had appointment cards too. For whatever reason, they let she and her husband in. Maybe to avoid a scene, but the blue shirt man said what others of us may have been thinking, and the security card addressed him , saying to cool down. That also did not go so well with the unhappy camper. A little drama for our viewing. 40 minutes and I was in, but my appointment had been moved to building 1 across the huge Anaheim campus. So I got my walking in, and since my car was in the big building, I had to walk back after my appointment.  On the way back I passed a tent for getting a flu shot, so I did that too. TMI but I needed to vent.

 

 

 
 
 
A beautiful 1+minute video, Special island, here.


 
 
Throwback Thursday ...
 
 
 
Grandhunks #2, #1 & #3 ... 
First Day of School
St. Paul's, 2009
God bless teachers!


 
Just because ...
 
 
Mother love

 

  
                     

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 


 



 

  


 
 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

What you did with the eyes is just genius! :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Loved the art, and the island is spectacular. The pig shaped cloud got a belly laugh. And when I first saw "Mother Love", I saw some type of creature sinking into the water (The babies looked like eyes, and it was rather scary.) When I finally saw the actual bird, I also laughed. Thanks for the great start to another day, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks , John. It's an in progress photo, that I liked better than the completed piece. Sometimes we need to stop sooner?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol. I love hearing from you and it'd so nice to know you like a piece or smile. Have a great day.

elenor said...

Jacki, I hope you didn't have to go again through such a long line to enter building 1. You must have been exhausted after this morning. I like the pics you shot while you were waiting. When we are walking I often think about how I could take a nice photo from what I see at the moment. I then often experienced that my iPhone saw a totally different pic than my eyes. It's fascinating how your eyes work. They can emphasize some things or fade out others.
I hope everything went well in your pre-op appointment.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, yesterday went well. I had four errands to follow the 10-12 pm span at the hospital. It's just a habit for me to take pictures, if I have to wait. Have a good weekend!