Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Day 3297: Another family birthday.

 

 

 
"Uncle Skete": old photo, digital collage.



 



Want music?




Click here for Al Green, Tired of Being Alone.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...


"Uncle Skete, photo & digital


When I think of Uncle Skete, I smile. I really do.
His real name was Russel, but I called him Uncle Skete? He was third born in a family of 10 children. He began farming as a very young boy. 


His Dad gave him young horses to break and 
use as his own. He drove a horse/buggy 7 miles 
to Lebanon High School each day.



not sure?, Uncle Owen, Uncle Jerry, Uncle Skete, Uncle Pete & Grandpa


5 years older than Aunt Fern, my Mom's eldest sister,
he was out of high school before Aunt Fern started
.

Uncle Skete, Aunt Fern, Aunt Pauline, Uncle Owen, Aunt Martha, Uncle Jerry & Grandpa

Uncle Skete and Aunt Fern were sweethearts
for many years before marrying in 1925.
 

Wedding day, 1925


Aunt Fern finished her first year of teaching
and they were married the next day.
She went on to be a Principal and poet.





They had one daughter, my cousin, Katha.
There were married over 50 years.

Personally, when I think of Uncle Skete,
I can hear his laugh as I picture him in his chair ...



after a long day working his farm.

 
3 year young WW with Uncle Skete on the farm, 1977


Special memories of a wonderful man. 

Today is his birthday.



Happy Birthday, Uncle Skete!


 

 

 
 
 
A  sweet 4-minute video, Man & Dog trip, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Streaked Soiderhunter

 

  
                     

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 
 

 



 

   

 



 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 



4 comments:

john said...

I envision that you have scanned all of your family photographs to make it easy for you to access. :-)

jacki long said...

Yes, when I had my good scanner, I did scan a lot, but I have more than I scanned.The ip-one 12 cmmera is really good, so for just screen work, it does well. Back in the day most of their photos were from a distance and very small?

elenor said...

It must have been great to have so many kind aunts and uncles. The few I had lived far away and we rarely met. But when we met it was a wonderful festivity. I do have some dear memories.
I love your family stories, Jacki, thanks for sharing them.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I often think I may do too many? Are you ready for September? What will your weather be then?