Saturday, April 20, 2019

Day 2459: Traveling with Dad -1990.







Shadows:  graphite drawing,china marker & collage in altered book











Want music?

 




Click here for  Pat Metheny, Toots Thielemans, Always and Forever.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Re-post of  Blog - Day 55, September 16. 2012 (2404 days ago?)


My Dad called me on his 80th birthday.

He'd traveled all over the world, but hadn't been to Asia.

He said he would pay my way if I would go with him, 

otherwise he would go alone.





We left on a special three week tour.   
Twelve people in our group. We never carried our bags.   
They were delivered to our hotel room,  picked up at our 
room  to be delivered to our next destination. Talk about luxury. 

I had never traveled that way before, and likely won't again.







From Los Angeles we visited Japan, Hong Kong, Macaw, 

China, Bali, Yogyakarta, Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul.

Today's pictures will be from Hong Kong.

 


I don't think I have ever seen my Dad happier 

than riding the "Junk" in Hong Kong Harbor.

He said "it was just like in the movies."






This was one view from the water. 

Three levels of Hong Kong living.





I took so many pictures, and later did digital compositions.





I paid for the side trip to China.




This was from a farm in China, where grain was spread to dry.








On our way home, My Dad thanked me for going with him.

I thanked him too, but said he didn't really give 

me a choice since he said he would go alone. 

He said, "Oh, I wouldn't have". ;o)










A smile for Saturday ...







1 comment:

Irene Rafael said...

What a sweet Dad story. I bet he was pretty happy when you said you’d go on the trip with him!